General Election 2017: Last call to register to vote
- Credit: Archant
People in North Devon and Torridge have until midnight tonight (Monday, May 22) to register if they want to vote in the June 8 General Election
The deadline to register to vote in the snap General Election is today (Monday).
If you haven’t already registered to vote, and you want to, you have until 11.59pm tonight to do so.
You need to register to vote if you have never voted before, have moved to a different constituency, or have turned 18 in the last year-or-so.
You can even get yourself on the register if you are 16 or 17 but you will have to have turned 18 before June 8 to actually be eligible to vote.
You may also want to watch:
If you are not sure whether or not you are registered, you should check with your local electoral registration office.
You can find the local authority to get in contact with here: www.yourvotematters.co.uk/register-to-vote/find-your-local-authorityIf you need to register, visit www.gov.uk/register-to-vote and filling out the relevant forms.
Alternatively, you can register by post, download the forms here: www.gov.uk/government/publications/voter-registration-forms-paper-versions
How will you vote in the General Election? Will you bother? If you do, what issues matter the most to you? Please take two minutes to complete our quick anonymous online survey and help guide our coverage before election day.You can find the full list of General Election candidates for North Devon, and Torridge and West Devon, here.
- 1 Devon's Tiki surf brand is up for sale
- 2 Northam murder suspect remanded in custody
- 3 Council and police step up Covid enforcement in North Devon
- 4 Man charged with murder of Northam pensioner
- 5 Three more Covid deaths at North Devon District Hospital but cases are falling
- 6 Times Past: Bodysnatching in the centre of Barnstaple
- 7 Camp out fundraiser Max receives gift from fallen soldier's family
- 8 Developer 'lost for words' as town council rejects £20m Bideford wharf plans
- 9 Terrified shoppers fled Devon city centre attack
- 10 Sextortion warning for North Devon Facebook users