General Election 2017: Last call to register to vote
- Credit: Archant
People in North Devon and Torridge have until midnight tonight (Monday, May 22) to register if they want to vote in the June 8 General Election
The deadline to register to vote in the snap General Election is today (Monday).
If you haven’t already registered to vote, and you want to, you have until 11.59pm tonight to do so.
You need to register to vote if you have never voted before, have moved to a different constituency, or have turned 18 in the last year-or-so.
You can even get yourself on the register if you are 16 or 17 but you will have to have turned 18 before June 8 to actually be eligible to vote.
You may also want to watch:
If you are not sure whether or not you are registered, you should check with your local electoral registration office.
You can find the local authority to get in contact with here: www.yourvotematters.co.uk/register-to-vote/find-your-local-authorityIf you need to register, visit www.gov.uk/register-to-vote and filling out the relevant forms.
Alternatively, you can register by post, download the forms here: www.gov.uk/government/publications/voter-registration-forms-paper-versions
How will you vote in the General Election? Will you bother? If you do, what issues matter the most to you? Please take two minutes to complete our quick anonymous online survey and help guide our coverage before election day.You can find the full list of General Election candidates for North Devon, and Torridge and West Devon, here.
- 1 North Devon company fined for pollution that killed more than 9,000 fish
- 2 Family pay tribute to 20-year-old Danny Goodman after tragic collision on A386
- 3 52-year-old man dies in three car crash between Bideford and Torrington
- 4 Burglar jailed for Westward Ho! raid that left pensioners too frightened to sleep
- 5 Coveted Muddy Stiletto award for Bideford's Josie's Interiors
- 6 Police investigate midnight assault on scooter rider in Barnstaple
- 7 North Devon Healthcare Trust department awarded Academic status
- 8 Man dies after 'single vehicle collision' on the A386
- 9 Barnstaple Fair set to return for 2021 - 'May the show go on!'
- 10 Woman reportedly assaulted at Bideford park - Police seek witnesses