General Election 2017: Last call to register to vote
- Credit: Archant
People in North Devon and Torridge have until midnight tonight (Monday, May 22) to register if they want to vote in the June 8 General Election
The deadline to register to vote in the snap General Election is today (Monday).
If you haven’t already registered to vote, and you want to, you have until 11.59pm tonight to do so.
You need to register to vote if you have never voted before, have moved to a different constituency, or have turned 18 in the last year-or-so.
You can even get yourself on the register if you are 16 or 17 but you will have to have turned 18 before June 8 to actually be eligible to vote.
You may also want to watch:
If you are not sure whether or not you are registered, you should check with your local electoral registration office.
You can find the local authority to get in contact with here: www.yourvotematters.co.uk/register-to-vote/find-your-local-authorityIf you need to register, visit www.gov.uk/register-to-vote and filling out the relevant forms.
Alternatively, you can register by post, download the forms here: www.gov.uk/government/publications/voter-registration-forms-paper-versions
How will you vote in the General Election? Will you bother? If you do, what issues matter the most to you? Please take two minutes to complete our quick anonymous online survey and help guide our coverage before election day.You can find the full list of General Election candidates for North Devon, and Torridge and West Devon, here.
- 1 Man wielding knife arrested in Barnstaple park
- 2 Date set for reopening of Bideford Pannier Market
- 3 Rapid coronavirus tests now available across Devon
- 4 iLab marks 10th birthday with pledge to raise £10,000 for North Devon Hospice
- 5 Braunton farmer admits ploughing up 'semi natural' land
- 6 Mystery over Barnstaple builder's death
- 7 North Devon high streets get set to welcome residents back
- 8 Prom schoolgirl killed as she crossed road near Trimstone
- 9 Westward Ho! housing plan for 138 new homes approved
- 10 Grand National: ones to watch in 'race that stops a nation'