General election 2017: Brexit is only part of it says North Devon’s Lib Dem candidate
- Credit: Archant
Watch as Nick Harvey says the region is facing cuts, threats from developers and to RMB Chivenor, so Brexit isn’t the only thing voters should be worried about
North Devon’s former long-standing MP says Brexit is just one issue facing voters in June’s general election.
Nick Harvey, the prospective parliamentary candidate for the Liberal Democrats, says the region has had a Conservative MP and county council and asks – ‘what has it got to show for it’?
Mr Harvey, who served as North Devon MP for 23 years but came out of retirement to throw his hat into the ring for the June 8 election, said the region was facing threats to its health service, cuts to adult social care and education.
He said RMB Chivenor was faced with closure and new planning regulations had led to a ‘bulldozers’ charter’ for unscrupulous development.
You may also want to watch:
You can watch his full interview with the North Devon Gazette here, the next in our continuing series of video interviews with the local general election candidates.
He said: “The question for North Devon is what sort of MP do you want? Someone who is going to make up the numbers or someone who will kick up a fuss and make a noise and be troublesome?”
- 1 Devon health boss 'concerned' at low Covid booster uptake
- 2 £2.1m upgrade will provide space for 38 new North Devon jobs
- 3 Link centre consultation 'absolute nonsense' say campaigners
- 4 People and businesses asked to join Barnstaple clean up
- 5 'Neglected' North Devon taxi firm challenged by councillors
- 6 Real ice rink coming to Barnstaple Christmas Village
- 7 Drink spiking crackdown after needle attack - Devon Police
- 8 Bideford's First Food and Drink Festival coming soon
- 9 Appeal goes out to patients as Devon's health service buckle under pressure
- 10 Good news for Combe Martin’s water quality