Fremington district and parish by-elections
- Credit: Archant
Fremington goes to the polls tomorrow (Thursday) to choose a new district and a parish councillor in two separate by-elections.
The North Devon Council Fremington ward is vacant following the unexpected death of Tony Wood, 78, in April.
It is contested by Lou Goodger (Green party), Blake Ladley (Labour), Graham Lofthouse (Liberal Democrats), Jayne Mackie (independent) and Jim Pilkington (Conservative).
There is also a Fremington Parish Council by-election following the resignation of Jacqueline Flynn, being contested by Joy Cann (Lib Dem) and Blake Ladyley (Labour).
Mr Wood’s parish council seat will be filled by co-option on August 6.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone who wishes to be co-opted as a councillor can submit an application by Friday, July 27 at noon. Forms available at www.fremingtonparishcouncil.gov.uk or at the council offices or call 01271 321063.
- 1 Council and police step up Covid enforcement in North Devon
- 2 Man charged with murder of Northam pensioner
- 3 Three more Covid deaths at North Devon District Hospital but cases are falling
- 4 Ram raid burglar jailed after rampaging crime spree
- 5 Terrified shoppers fled Devon city centre attack
- 6 Suspect remains in custody as Northam murder enquiry continues
- 7 There's light at the end of the tunnel - but for now embrace lockdown life
- 8 Covid-19: Follow the spirit of lockdown says police chief
- 9 Developer 'lost for words' as town council rejects £20m Bideford wharf plans
- 10 Murder enquiry launched at Northam after death of elderly woman