Fremington district and parish by-elections
- Credit: Archant
Fremington goes to the polls tomorrow (Thursday) to choose a new district and a parish councillor in two separate by-elections.
The North Devon Council Fremington ward is vacant following the unexpected death of Tony Wood, 78, in April.
It is contested by Lou Goodger (Green party), Blake Ladley (Labour), Graham Lofthouse (Liberal Democrats), Jayne Mackie (independent) and Jim Pilkington (Conservative).
There is also a Fremington Parish Council by-election following the resignation of Jacqueline Flynn, being contested by Joy Cann (Lib Dem) and Blake Ladyley (Labour).
Mr Wood’s parish council seat will be filled by co-option on August 6.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone who wishes to be co-opted as a councillor can submit an application by Friday, July 27 at noon. Forms available at www.fremingtonparishcouncil.gov.uk or at the council offices or call 01271 321063.
- 1 £2.1m upgrade will provide space for 38 new North Devon jobs
- 2 Torrington woman rebuilds her life after devastating stroke
- 3 Real ice rink coming to Barnstaple Christmas Village
- 4 Bideford's First Food and Drink Festival coming soon
- 5 Vandalism at Bideford's Brunswick Wharf development condemned
- 6 Cyclist left with ‘serious head injuries’ after incident in Bideford
- 7 Bid for £34 million to improve Devon's bus services submitted
- 8 Fangtastic half-term Halloween fun at Yeo Valley Woodland
- 9 New app 'Dscvr' promoting North Devon town centres set to launch
- 10 Charity staff praised for support helping customers get online