European elections: Will you be voting?
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
Polls will open for the European elections tomorrow (Thursday, May 23).
There are seven seats for the South West in the European Parliament, which is made up of 751 members from the 28 member states.
Standing for the South West seats, there are: seven candidates for Change UK; six for Conservative and Unionist Party; two for English Democrats; six for the Green Party; six for the Labour Party; six Liberal Democrats; six for The Brexit Party; six for UKIP and three independent candidates.
The independents are Larch Maxey, Neville Seed and Mothiur Rahman.
The polls will be open from 7am until 10pm on Thursday. Details are listed on your polling card or on North Devon Council or Torridge District Council's websites.
You may also want to watch:
The results will be counted on Sunday (May 26). However, if the Brexit process in the UK is completed by June 30, the newly-elected members will not even take up their seats.
Read more about the South West candidates here.
- 1 Family pay tribute to 20-year-old Danny Goodman after tragic collision on A386
- 2 52-year-old man dies in three car crash between Bideford and Torrington
- 3 Coveted Muddy Stiletto award for Bideford's Josie's Interiors
- 4 Burglar jailed for Westward Ho! raid that left pensioners too frightened to sleep
- 5 Police investigate midnight assault on scooter rider in Barnstaple
- 6 North Devon Healthcare Trust department awarded Academic status
- 7 Northam Murder: Grieving family condemn killer's lies and cruelty
- 8 Man dies after 'single vehicle collision' on the A386
- 9 MP opens new Northam Burrows Visitor Centre at Westward Ho!
- 10 Man dies after crash involving two lorries and a motorbike near Torrington