European elections: Will you be voting?
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
Polls will open for the European elections tomorrow (Thursday, May 23).
There are seven seats for the South West in the European Parliament, which is made up of 751 members from the 28 member states.
Standing for the South West seats, there are: seven candidates for Change UK; six for Conservative and Unionist Party; two for English Democrats; six for the Green Party; six for the Labour Party; six Liberal Democrats; six for The Brexit Party; six for UKIP and three independent candidates.
The independents are Larch Maxey, Neville Seed and Mothiur Rahman.
The polls will be open from 7am until 10pm on Thursday. Details are listed on your polling card or on North Devon Council or Torridge District Council's websites.
You may also want to watch:
The results will be counted on Sunday (May 26). However, if the Brexit process in the UK is completed by June 30, the newly-elected members will not even take up their seats.
Read more about the South West candidates here.
- 1 2021 North Devon Show cancelled
- 2 Man wielding knife arrested in Barnstaple park
- 3 Braunton farmer admits ploughing up 'semi natural' land
- 4 North Devon high streets get set to welcome residents back
- 5 Prince Philip's last North Devon visit remembered
- 6 Rapid coronavirus tests now available across Devon
- 7 Property of the Week: Ford Rise, Bideford
- 8 Flags fly at half mast across North Devon for Prince Philip
- 9 Date set for reopening of Bideford Pannier Market
- 10 iLab marks 10th birthday with pledge to raise £10,000 for North Devon Hospice