European elections: Will you be voting?
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
Polls will open for the European elections tomorrow (Thursday, May 23).
There are seven seats for the South West in the European Parliament, which is made up of 751 members from the 28 member states.
Standing for the South West seats, there are: seven candidates for Change UK; six for Conservative and Unionist Party; two for English Democrats; six for the Green Party; six for the Labour Party; six Liberal Democrats; six for The Brexit Party; six for UKIP and three independent candidates.
The independents are Larch Maxey, Neville Seed and Mothiur Rahman.
The polls will be open from 7am until 10pm on Thursday. Details are listed on your polling card or on North Devon Council or Torridge District Council's websites.
The results will be counted on Sunday (May 26). However, if the Brexit process in the UK is completed by June 30, the newly-elected members will not even take up their seats.
Read more about the South West candidates here.
- 1 OPINION: A new plan for Barnstaple's Oliver Buildings - Tim Jones
- 2 Property of the Week: Daddon Close, Bideford
- 3 PICTURES: Bideford Christmas lights switched on in style
- 4 Litter around North Devon schools and colleges is a 'disgrace'
- 5 Kenwith Castle care home welcomes new manager
- 6 OPINION: How much do you know about the ground beneath your feet?
- 7 Downing Street party video: Boris Johnson apologises but denies allegations
- 8 Work from home, masks and NHS passes: New Covid rules explained
- 9 North Devon’s Panto sells 10,000 Cinderella tickets
- 10 OPINION: Give back this festive season at the Wave Project Christmas markets