European elections: Will you be voting?
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
Polls will open for the European elections tomorrow (Thursday, May 23).
There are seven seats for the South West in the European Parliament, which is made up of 751 members from the 28 member states.
Standing for the South West seats, there are: seven candidates for Change UK; six for Conservative and Unionist Party; two for English Democrats; six for the Green Party; six for the Labour Party; six Liberal Democrats; six for The Brexit Party; six for UKIP and three independent candidates.
The independents are Larch Maxey, Neville Seed and Mothiur Rahman.
The polls will be open from 7am until 10pm on Thursday. Details are listed on your polling card or on North Devon Council or Torridge District Council's websites.
You may also want to watch:
The results will be counted on Sunday (May 26). However, if the Brexit process in the UK is completed by June 30, the newly-elected members will not even take up their seats.
Read more about the South West candidates here.
- 1 Three more Covid deaths at North Devon District Hospital but cases are falling
- 2 Suspect remains in custody as Northam murder enquiry continues
- 3 Ram raid burglar jailed after rampaging crime spree
- 4 Murder enquiry launched at Northam after death of elderly woman
- 5 Terrified shoppers fled Devon city centre attack
- 6 Developer 'lost for words' as town council rejects £20m Bideford wharf plans
- 7 Covid-19: Follow the spirit of lockdown says police chief
- 8 Sextortion warning for North Devon Facebook users
- 9 I lost eight stone and an extreme risk of diabetes
- 10 Camp out fundraiser Max receives gift from fallen soldier's family