Euro election candidates to be grilled at North Devon hustings
- Credit: Archant
EU parliamentary candidates are all set to be grilled by the public at a hustings in Barnstaple Library this Friday (May 17).
The event begins at 6pm with a chance to submit your questions for the range of political party and independent candidates attending, with the hustings beginning at 7pm.
This event has been organised by Devon for Europe, which says the following candidates have agreed to attend: Change UK - Crispin Hunt; Conservatives - Emmeline Owens; Green Party - Karen La Borde; Labour Party; Liberal Democrats - David Chalmers; independent candidates - Mothiur Rahman and Neville Seed.
The English Democrats, The Brexit Party and UKIP have been invited to attend but are yet to confirm.
Organisers would like to apologise but Andrew Adonis for Labour was originally scheduled to attend and is now unable to make it, but a Labour representative will be there.
You may also want to watch:
Ian Gee, who helped organise the event, said: "Anyone can come to this free event and find out more about the candidates standing in the European Elections.
"You will have the opportunity of asking questions and understanding more about what the candidates stand for and a what they will do for northern Devon."
The hustings will be chaired by Ilfracombe councillor Val Gates. The event is free but please register by going to Eventbrite.co.uk and searching for 'hustings' in 'Devon'.
- 1 Northam Murder: 'Merciless' carer gets life for killing client who caught him stealing
- 2 Barnstaple Fair set to return for 2021 - 'May the show go on!'
- 3 Council bids for Levelling Up funding for Ilfracombe
- 4 Man dies after crash involving two lorries and a motorbike near Torrington
- 5 Man dies after 'single vehicle collision' on the A386
- 6 Northam Murder: Carer guilty of brutal murder of frail widow
- 7 Woman reportedly assaulted at Bideford park - Police seek witnesses
- 8 MP opens new Northam Burrows Visitor Centre at Westward Ho!
- 9 Huntsmen fined for digging badger sett near Chulmleigh
- 10 Evidence of damage found at Iron Age monument near Ilfracombe