Euro election candidates to be grilled at North Devon hustings
- Credit: Archant
EU parliamentary candidates are all set to be grilled by the public at a hustings in Barnstaple Library this Friday (May 17).
The event begins at 6pm with a chance to submit your questions for the range of political party and independent candidates attending, with the hustings beginning at 7pm.
This event has been organised by Devon for Europe, which says the following candidates have agreed to attend: Change UK - Crispin Hunt; Conservatives - Emmeline Owens; Green Party - Karen La Borde; Labour Party; Liberal Democrats - David Chalmers; independent candidates - Mothiur Rahman and Neville Seed.
The English Democrats, The Brexit Party and UKIP have been invited to attend but are yet to confirm.
Organisers would like to apologise but Andrew Adonis for Labour was originally scheduled to attend and is now unable to make it, but a Labour representative will be there.
You may also want to watch:
Ian Gee, who helped organise the event, said: "Anyone can come to this free event and find out more about the candidates standing in the European Elections.
"You will have the opportunity of asking questions and understanding more about what the candidates stand for and a what they will do for northern Devon."
The hustings will be chaired by Ilfracombe councillor Val Gates. The event is free but please register by going to Eventbrite.co.uk and searching for 'hustings' in 'Devon'.
- 1 2021 North Devon Show cancelled
- 2 Man wielding knife arrested in Barnstaple park
- 3 Braunton farmer admits ploughing up 'semi natural' land
- 4 North Devon high streets get set to welcome residents back
- 5 Prince Philip's last North Devon visit remembered
- 6 Property of the Week: Ford Rise, Bideford
- 7 Rapid coronavirus tests now available across Devon
- 8 Flags fly at half mast across North Devon for Prince Philip
- 9 Date set for reopening of Bideford Pannier Market
- 10 Lord-Lieutenant of Devon pays tribute to Prince Philip