Eric Pickles makes North Devon visit
- Credit: Archant
Government minister Eric Pickles was in South Molton last night (Thursday) to attend a local Conservative Association event.
The Secretary of State at the Department for Communities & Local Government is making a point of visiting local association meetings to discuss May’s upcoming election.
He was also on hand to support Conservative parliamentary candidate for North Devon, Peter Heaton-Jones.
Mr Heaton-Jones said: “It was a delight to welcome Eric Pickles, one of the leading members of the government, to North Devon.
“Eric and I talked at some length about planning & development, including wind turbines, as well as local government funding.
You may also want to watch:
“I’ll use every opportunity to talk to the key decision-makers and make sure they know the views of North Devon. Indeed, Eric was the fourth government minister to visit North Devon in the last fortnight, and I know there will be more to come”.
- 1 Northam Murder: 'Merciless' carer gets life for killing client who caught him stealing
- 2 Barnstaple Fair set to return for 2021 - 'May the show go on!'
- 3 Northam Murder: Carer guilty of brutal murder of frail widow
- 4 Man dies after 'single vehicle collision' on the A386
- 5 Man dies after crash involving two lorries and a motorbike near Torrington
- 6 Woman reportedly assaulted at Bideford park - Police seek witnesses
- 7 Evidence of damage found at Iron Age monument near Ilfracombe
- 8 Appledore RNLI's Matt Rowe passes out as lifeboat mechanic
- 9 Six people injured in serious crash on A39 near Barnstaple - Police appeal
- 10 Plan for 173 homes on Torrington Creamery site approved despite no affordable homes