Eric Pickles makes North Devon visit
- Credit: Archant
Government minister Eric Pickles was in South Molton last night (Thursday) to attend a local Conservative Association event.
The Secretary of State at the Department for Communities & Local Government is making a point of visiting local association meetings to discuss May’s upcoming election.
He was also on hand to support Conservative parliamentary candidate for North Devon, Peter Heaton-Jones.
Mr Heaton-Jones said: “It was a delight to welcome Eric Pickles, one of the leading members of the government, to North Devon.
“Eric and I talked at some length about planning & development, including wind turbines, as well as local government funding.
You may also want to watch:
“I’ll use every opportunity to talk to the key decision-makers and make sure they know the views of North Devon. Indeed, Eric was the fourth government minister to visit North Devon in the last fortnight, and I know there will be more to come”.
- 1 Cyclist left with ‘serious head injuries’ after incident in Bideford
- 2 Vandalism at Bideford's Brunswick Wharf development condemned
- 3 Real ice rink coming to Barnstaple Christmas Village
- 4 North Devon architectural practice appoints new director
- 5 Volunteers come together to spruce up Barnstaple Train Station
- 6 New app 'Dscvr' promoting North Devon town centres set to launch
- 7 Bid for £34 million to improve Devon's bus services submitted
- 8 Firework display set to return to Barnstaple Rugby Club for 2021
- 9 Murder investigation launched in Bideford after woman found dead
- 10 Barnstaple Waterstones to host first event since March 2020