Eric Pickles makes North Devon visit
- Credit: Archant
Government minister Eric Pickles was in South Molton last night (Thursday) to attend a local Conservative Association event.
The Secretary of State at the Department for Communities & Local Government is making a point of visiting local association meetings to discuss May’s upcoming election.
He was also on hand to support Conservative parliamentary candidate for North Devon, Peter Heaton-Jones.
Mr Heaton-Jones said: “It was a delight to welcome Eric Pickles, one of the leading members of the government, to North Devon.
“Eric and I talked at some length about planning & development, including wind turbines, as well as local government funding.
You may also want to watch:
“I’ll use every opportunity to talk to the key decision-makers and make sure they know the views of North Devon. Indeed, Eric was the fourth government minister to visit North Devon in the last fortnight, and I know there will be more to come”.
- 1 Man wielding knife arrested in Barnstaple park
- 2 North Devon high streets get set to welcome residents back
- 3 Date set for reopening of Bideford Pannier Market
- 4 Rapid coronavirus tests now available across Devon
- 5 iLab marks 10th birthday with pledge to raise £10,000 for North Devon Hospice
- 6 Braunton farmer admits ploughing up 'semi natural' land
- 7 Mystery over Barnstaple builder's death
- 8 Date set for Barnstaple Pannier Market reopening
- 9 Westward Ho! housing plan for 138 new homes approved
- 10 Prom schoolgirl killed as she crossed road near Trimstone