Eric Pickles makes North Devon visit
- Credit: Archant
Government minister Eric Pickles was in South Molton last night (Thursday) to attend a local Conservative Association event.
The Secretary of State at the Department for Communities & Local Government is making a point of visiting local association meetings to discuss May’s upcoming election.
He was also on hand to support Conservative parliamentary candidate for North Devon, Peter Heaton-Jones.
Mr Heaton-Jones said: “It was a delight to welcome Eric Pickles, one of the leading members of the government, to North Devon.
“Eric and I talked at some length about planning & development, including wind turbines, as well as local government funding.
You may also want to watch:
“I’ll use every opportunity to talk to the key decision-makers and make sure they know the views of North Devon. Indeed, Eric was the fourth government minister to visit North Devon in the last fortnight, and I know there will be more to come”.
- 1 Covid vaccine: Roll out continues but is North Devon being left out?
- 2 Plans to merge North Devon and Exeter health trusts move forward
- 3 Devon's Tiki surf brand is up for sale
- 4 Barnstaple man cleared of drug dealing charges
- 5 Barnstaple man attacked his wife and neighbour after Christmas drink
- 6 Covid delays Barnstaple councillor's trial again
- 7 'Bonkers' idea led to the creation of Children's Hospice South West
- 8 Northam murder suspect remanded in custody
- 9 I'm Still Standing: Ambulance worker's battle against the darkness
- 10 Three more Covid deaths at North Devon District Hospital but cases are falling