Local charities to benefit from new Bideford superstore
New Tesco will help local causes
THREE local charities are set to benefit when the new Tesco store in Bideford opens its doors next Monday.
Representatives from the Pollyfield Centre, Great Torrington School, and Children’s Hospice South West will be the guests of honour when the brand new store in Manteo Way, East-the-Water officially launches at 10am.
Store Manager Ian Davey will present the representatives with a giant cheque for �500 each. In addition, the representatives will cut the ribbon to declare the new store officially open for business, and there will be champagne, orange juice and cake for the first customers!
Ian said: “We are delighted to be able to donate to three different local causes, and I am looking forward to meeting everyone on launch day.
You may also want to watch:
“We are all really excited and cannot wait to open our doors,” said Ian. “We will strive to offer great value for money with fantastic customer service for people living or working in the area who want a convenient place to shop for all their household and family needs.”
Ian added: “My colleagues and I are looking forward to welcoming our customers into the new store and we hope that Tesco will become a key part of the local community.”
- 1 'ThINK it through before you tattoo' urges council
- 2 Ilfracombe man, 64, must pay compensation for baseball bat attack
- 3 Conservatives maintain control of Devon County Council despite losses
- 4 North Devon sign West Indian pace bowler
- 5 Small-time drug dealer 'caught red-handed'
- 6 Prime minister to give green light for May 17 Covid-19 lockdown easing
- 7 Alison Hernandez vows to get tough on crime as she retains PCC role
- 8 County Council Elections: Candidates for Torridge
- 9 Police appeal after Barnstaple brawl
- 10 County Council Elections: Candidates for North Devon
The superstore will provide a selection of fresh fruit and vegetables, dairy produce, beers, wines, and spirits and frozen foods, as well as everyday grocery essentials.
In addition, the 25,000sq ft store will have a delicatessen counter, and will offer customers a range of non-food ranges including health and beauty products, cookshop, homeshop, toys, stationary ranges, as well as a range of the latest CD’s, games, and DVD’s.
The new store is set to open at 8am on Monday with an official launch celebration taking place at 10am.
After launch day the store opening times will be 7am –10pm Monday to Saturday, and 10am – 4pm on Sundays