Local authorities shortlisted for awards
Torridge Council and North Devon Council have both been shortlisted for top industry awards
TORRIDGE Council and North Devon Council have appeared in the shortlist of finalists for the 2012 Local Land Charges Awards for Excellence.
The awards, run by Land Data, recognise the work of local land charges officers, who are responsible for informing homebuyers of any “charges” on a property by either local authorities or Central Government.
Torridge Council has been shortlisted for the customer satisfaction for local authority searches, and the best performing NLIS Level 3 Local Land Charges Department.
Ken Miles, Solicitor at Torridge District Council, said: “We have a small and dedicated team at Torridge and to be shortlisted for industry awards such as these is truly an indication of the professionalism and enthusiasm of the team.”
North Devon Council has also been shortlisted for the best performing NLIS Level 2 Local Land Charges Department.
Judith Dark, who overseas land charges at North Devon Council said: “With such a small team covering North Devon, there is a lot of work to be done here. So to be highlighted as one of the best performing teams is a great acknowledgment for my officers.”
- 1 OPINION: The North Devon Hospice has come so far
- 2 Village halls offered cash helping hand in Covid battle
- 3 These companies are out to tempt you before you're out of nappies
- 4 Why Lorna gave up working from an office to build a business around passion for surfing
- 5 Tennis ace Eric follows in Max's fund-raising footsteps
- 6 Young Jack strides out again for charity
- 7 Rishi's thumbs up to £60m investment and 200 new jobs
- 8 Urgent appeal goes out to help keep teenagers off the streets
- 9 Popular character Joan dies at 92
- 10 Superb win on the road sets 2022 tone for Bideford
The two authorities will be running against shortlisted Councils from all over the UK.