Local authorities shortlisted for awards
Torridge Council and North Devon Council have both been shortlisted for top industry awards
TORRIDGE Council and North Devon Council have appeared in the shortlist of finalists for the 2012 Local Land Charges Awards for Excellence.
The awards, run by Land Data, recognise the work of local land charges officers, who are responsible for informing homebuyers of any “charges” on a property by either local authorities or Central Government.
Torridge Council has been shortlisted for the customer satisfaction for local authority searches, and the best performing NLIS Level 3 Local Land Charges Department.
Ken Miles, Solicitor at Torridge District Council, said: “We have a small and dedicated team at Torridge and to be shortlisted for industry awards such as these is truly an indication of the professionalism and enthusiasm of the team.”
You may also want to watch:
North Devon Council has also been shortlisted for the best performing NLIS Level 2 Local Land Charges Department.
Judith Dark, who overseas land charges at North Devon Council said: “With such a small team covering North Devon, there is a lot of work to be done here. So to be highlighted as one of the best performing teams is a great acknowledgment for my officers.”
- 1 Farmer fined for ploughing up protected Iron Age remains
- 2 Tractor guidance systems taken from farm near Bideford
- 3 North Devon woman reveals huge collection of HM Queen portraits and memorabilia
- 4 Rare vehicles from Dave Vanstone Collection go to auction
- 5 Bideford town centre regeneration plan backed by council
- 6 South Molton youngsters enjoy Land Rover Premiership Rugby Cup
- 7 Brother told sister 'you're dead' after birthday party bust-up
- 8 Bideford Pannier Market offers traders new deal
- 9 Assault and attempted robbery near Tarka Trail
- 10 Man arrested after 'serious assault' outside Barnstaple nightclub
The two authorities will be running against shortlisted Councils from all over the UK.