Local authorities shortlisted for awards
Torridge Council and North Devon Council have both been shortlisted for top industry awards
TORRIDGE Council and North Devon Council have appeared in the shortlist of finalists for the 2012 Local Land Charges Awards for Excellence.
The awards, run by Land Data, recognise the work of local land charges officers, who are responsible for informing homebuyers of any “charges” on a property by either local authorities or Central Government.
Torridge Council has been shortlisted for the customer satisfaction for local authority searches, and the best performing NLIS Level 3 Local Land Charges Department.
Ken Miles, Solicitor at Torridge District Council, said: “We have a small and dedicated team at Torridge and to be shortlisted for industry awards such as these is truly an indication of the professionalism and enthusiasm of the team.”
You may also want to watch:
North Devon Council has also been shortlisted for the best performing NLIS Level 2 Local Land Charges Department.
Judith Dark, who overseas land charges at North Devon Council said: “With such a small team covering North Devon, there is a lot of work to be done here. So to be highlighted as one of the best performing teams is a great acknowledgment for my officers.”
- 1 North Devon's largest private employer needs workers to expand
- 2 Street food traders revealed for South Molton Food and Drink Festival
- 3 820 homes approved for Landkey despite council concern
- 4 'Controversial' plan to close mental health centres in North Devon
- 5 North Devon optometrist highlights 'ticking timebomb' vision crisis
- 6 New Archdeacon of Barnstaple begins her role at special service in Bideford
- 7 Celebrating 15 years of North Devon charity Families in Grief
- 8 World’s Biggest Macmillan Coffee Morning backed by North Devon MP
- 9 Devon Police commissioner commits to tackling gender violence
- 10 A dose of rugby reality for Barnstaple
The two authorities will be running against shortlisted Councils from all over the UK.