Lobster and crab festival at Clovelly
CLOVELLY will be paying tribute to its pincered inhabitants at a special quayside festival on Sunday. The Lobster and Crab Feast will offer visitors the chance to try fresh lobsters, crabs, and oysters while enjoying live folk music from bands such as Ba
CLOVELLY will be paying tribute to its pincered inhabitants at a special quayside festival on Sunday, Septembeer 6.
The Lobster and Crab Feast will offer visitors the chance to try fresh lobsters, crabs, and oysters while enjoying live folk music from bands such as Babelfish, Fifers Ruse and Changing Quays, as well as a comedy walkabout show by Fair Play.
Wine and beer tasting will be on offer too, as well as plenty of craft and food stalls, a photographic exhibition, entertainment for the children and a demonstration in the art of hypnotising lobsters.
The event, from 10am on the harbour, is part of the AONB's 50th anniversary celebrations and is being held in support of the National Lobster Hatchery at Padstow, Cornwall.
You may also want to watch:
It will feature some of the hatchery's baby lobsters prior to their release into Clovelly Bay at the end of the festival.
Normal admission charges apply; under 7s go free.
- 1 Devon health boss 'concerned' at low Covid booster uptake
- 2 People and businesses asked to join Barnstaple clean up
- 3 Link centre consultation 'absolute nonsense' say campaigners
- 4 'Neglected' North Devon taxi firm challenged by councillors
- 5 Real ice rink coming to Barnstaple Christmas Village
- 6 £2.1m upgrade will provide space for 38 new North Devon jobs
- 7 Drink spiking crackdown after needle attack - Devon Police
- 8 Good news for Combe Martin’s water quality
- 9 Bideford's First Food and Drink Festival coming soon
- 10 Appeal goes out to patients as Devon's health service buckle under pressure