Lobster and crab festival at Clovelly
CLOVELLY will be paying tribute to its pincered inhabitants at a special quayside festival on Sunday. The Lobster and Crab Feast will offer visitors the chance to try fresh lobsters, crabs, and oysters while enjoying live folk music from bands such as Ba
CLOVELLY will be paying tribute to its pincered inhabitants at a special quayside festival on Sunday, Septembeer 6.
The Lobster and Crab Feast will offer visitors the chance to try fresh lobsters, crabs, and oysters while enjoying live folk music from bands such as Babelfish, Fifers Ruse and Changing Quays, as well as a comedy walkabout show by Fair Play.
Wine and beer tasting will be on offer too, as well as plenty of craft and food stalls, a photographic exhibition, entertainment for the children and a demonstration in the art of hypnotising lobsters.
The event, from 10am on the harbour, is part of the AONB's 50th anniversary celebrations and is being held in support of the National Lobster Hatchery at Padstow, Cornwall.
You may also want to watch:
It will feature some of the hatchery's baby lobsters prior to their release into Clovelly Bay at the end of the festival.
Normal admission charges apply; under 7s go free.
- 1 Man wielding knife arrested in Barnstaple park
- 2 Date set for reopening of Bideford Pannier Market
- 3 Rapid coronavirus tests now available across Devon
- 4 iLab marks 10th birthday with pledge to raise £10,000 for North Devon Hospice
- 5 North Devon high streets get set to welcome residents back
- 6 Braunton farmer admits ploughing up 'semi natural' land
- 7 Mystery over Barnstaple builder's death
- 8 Prom schoolgirl killed as she crossed road near Trimstone
- 9 Westward Ho! housing plan for 138 new homes approved
- 10 Queen gifts Maundy Money to “astonishing” North Devon Churchwarden