Lobster and crab festival at Clovelly
CLOVELLY will be paying tribute to its pincered inhabitants at a special quayside festival on Sunday. The Lobster and Crab Feast will offer visitors the chance to try fresh lobsters, crabs, and oysters while enjoying live folk music from bands such as Ba
CLOVELLY will be paying tribute to its pincered inhabitants at a special quayside festival on Sunday, Septembeer 6.
The Lobster and Crab Feast will offer visitors the chance to try fresh lobsters, crabs, and oysters while enjoying live folk music from bands such as Babelfish, Fifers Ruse and Changing Quays, as well as a comedy walkabout show by Fair Play.
Wine and beer tasting will be on offer too, as well as plenty of craft and food stalls, a photographic exhibition, entertainment for the children and a demonstration in the art of hypnotising lobsters.
The event, from 10am on the harbour, is part of the AONB's 50th anniversary celebrations and is being held in support of the National Lobster Hatchery at Padstow, Cornwall.
You may also want to watch:
It will feature some of the hatchery's baby lobsters prior to their release into Clovelly Bay at the end of the festival.
Normal admission charges apply; under 7s go free.
- 1 Devon's Tiki surf brand is up for sale
- 2 I'm Still Standing: Ambulance worker's battle against the darkness
- 3 Barnstaple's The ilab launches iPad appeal to help lockdown home schoolers
- 4 Northam murder suspect remanded in custody
- 5 Tributes to Ilfracombe's 30-year school governor
- 6 'Bonkers' idea led to the creation of Children's Hospice South West
- 7 Three more Covid deaths at North Devon District Hospital but cases are falling
- 8 Roger McGough unveiled as Plough Poetry Prize judge
- 9 Council and police step up Covid enforcement in North Devon
- 10 Man charged with murder of Northam pensioner