Lobster and crab festival at Clovelly
CLOVELLY will be paying tribute to its pincered inhabitants at a special quayside festival on Sunday. The Lobster and Crab Feast will offer visitors the chance to try fresh lobsters, crabs, and oysters while enjoying live folk music from bands such as Ba
CLOVELLY will be paying tribute to its pincered inhabitants at a special quayside festival on Sunday, Septembeer 6.
The Lobster and Crab Feast will offer visitors the chance to try fresh lobsters, crabs, and oysters while enjoying live folk music from bands such as Babelfish, Fifers Ruse and Changing Quays, as well as a comedy walkabout show by Fair Play.
Wine and beer tasting will be on offer too, as well as plenty of craft and food stalls, a photographic exhibition, entertainment for the children and a demonstration in the art of hypnotising lobsters.
The event, from 10am on the harbour, is part of the AONB's 50th anniversary celebrations and is being held in support of the National Lobster Hatchery at Padstow, Cornwall.
You may also want to watch:
It will feature some of the hatchery's baby lobsters prior to their release into Clovelly Bay at the end of the festival.
Normal admission charges apply; under 7s go free.
- 1 Northam Murder: 'Merciless' carer gets life for killing client who caught him stealing
- 2 Barnstaple Fair set to return for 2021 - 'May the show go on!'
- 3 Northam Murder: Carer guilty of brutal murder of frail widow
- 4 Man dies after 'single vehicle collision' on the A386
- 5 Man dies after crash involving two lorries and a motorbike near Torrington
- 6 Woman reportedly assaulted at Bideford park - Police seek witnesses
- 7 Evidence of damage found at Iron Age monument near Ilfracombe
- 8 Appledore RNLI's Matt Rowe passes out as lifeboat mechanic
- 9 Six people injured in serious crash on A39 near Barnstaple - Police appeal
- 10 Plan for 173 homes on Torrington Creamery site approved despite no affordable homes