‘Live’ presents hand gift to Barnstaple winner
WINNER of the new BIDBarnstaple branding competition prize of a Sony Playstation 3 is Catherine Jefferies of Ilfracombe.
Catherine’s was one of several hundred correct entries received in the BID Barnstaple office, inserting the missing word in the promotional phrase: “The new Barnstaple branding has been created to promote Barnstaple as a MUST visit.”
She received her prize from BIDBarnstaple vice chairman Dawn Hall and two ‘live Christmas presents’ – street entertainers who formed part of Barnstaple’s late night street entertainment, which was organised by BID Barnstaple.
Catherine said: “I’m thrilled to have won the prize. I frequently come into Barnstaple, because I like the good variety of shops.”
She recently became engaged to fianc� Gary Spurway, and added: ”When he knew I had won, Gary has offered to try out the new Playstation 3. It’s a great early Christmas present.”
You may also want to watch:
BIDBarnstaple was launched last month as a brand new image to promote Barnstaple as a ‘must’ for shopping and entice more people into the town.
- 1 Devon health boss 'concerned' at low Covid booster uptake
- 2 'Neglected' North Devon taxi firm challenged by councillors
- 3 Real ice rink coming to Barnstaple Christmas Village
- 4 People and businesses asked to join Barnstaple clean up
- 5 Link centre consultation 'absolute nonsense' say campaigners
- 6 £2.1m upgrade will provide space for 38 new North Devon jobs
- 7 Drink spiking crackdown after needle attack - Devon Police
- 8 Bideford's First Food and Drink Festival coming soon
- 9 Good news for Combe Martin’s water quality
- 10 Firework display set to return to Barnstaple Rugby Club for 2021