‘Live’ presents hand gift to Barnstaple winner
WINNER of the new BIDBarnstaple branding competition prize of a Sony Playstation 3 is Catherine Jefferies of Ilfracombe.
Catherine’s was one of several hundred correct entries received in the BID Barnstaple office, inserting the missing word in the promotional phrase: “The new Barnstaple branding has been created to promote Barnstaple as a MUST visit.”
She received her prize from BIDBarnstaple vice chairman Dawn Hall and two ‘live Christmas presents’ – street entertainers who formed part of Barnstaple’s late night street entertainment, which was organised by BID Barnstaple.
Catherine said: “I’m thrilled to have won the prize. I frequently come into Barnstaple, because I like the good variety of shops.”
She recently became engaged to fianc� Gary Spurway, and added: ”When he knew I had won, Gary has offered to try out the new Playstation 3. It’s a great early Christmas present.”
You may also want to watch:
BIDBarnstaple was launched last month as a brand new image to promote Barnstaple as a ‘must’ for shopping and entice more people into the town.
- 1 Plan for 173 homes on Torrington Creamery site approved despite no affordable homes
- 2 Crash and assault in Ilfracombe - Police appeal
- 3 Northam Murder: Carer denies killing widow Carol Hart
- 4 PICTURES: Prince of Wales and Duchess of Cornwall visit The Burton at Bideford
- 5 Rosemoor transforms into Wonderland for the summer holidays
- 6 New ‘inside-out’ art gallery coming to Ilfracombe
- 7 Jewellery and cash stolen in Barnstaple burglary
- 8 Changes to reporting planning breaches in North Devon
- 9 Busy thirteen days for Appledore RNLI
- 10 Bideford man dies after Link Road crash near South Molton