‘Live’ presents hand gift to Barnstaple winner
WINNER of the new BIDBarnstaple branding competition prize of a Sony Playstation 3 is Catherine Jefferies of Ilfracombe.
Catherine’s was one of several hundred correct entries received in the BID Barnstaple office, inserting the missing word in the promotional phrase: “The new Barnstaple branding has been created to promote Barnstaple as a MUST visit.”
She received her prize from BIDBarnstaple vice chairman Dawn Hall and two ‘live Christmas presents’ – street entertainers who formed part of Barnstaple’s late night street entertainment, which was organised by BID Barnstaple.
Catherine said: “I’m thrilled to have won the prize. I frequently come into Barnstaple, because I like the good variety of shops.”
She recently became engaged to fianc� Gary Spurway, and added: ”When he knew I had won, Gary has offered to try out the new Playstation 3. It’s a great early Christmas present.”
You may also want to watch:
BIDBarnstaple was launched last month as a brand new image to promote Barnstaple as a ‘must’ for shopping and entice more people into the town.
- 1 Small-time drug dealer 'caught red-handed'
- 2 'ThINK it through before you tattoo' urges council
- 3 Prime minister to give green light for May 17 Covid-19 lockdown easing
- 4 County Council Elections: Candidates for Torridge
- 5 Police appeal after Barnstaple brawl
- 6 County Council Elections: Candidates for North Devon
- 7 Conservatives maintain control of Devon County Council despite losses
- 8 Ilfracombe man, 64, must pay compensation for baseball bat attack
- 9 12 countries announced on travel green list from May 17
- 10 Bideford paramedic compensated after winning victimisation claim