Live cables stolen from Landkey quarry
Police appeal after theives cut into live cables with bolt croppers and stole cabling worth �5,000.
POLICE are appealing for information after live cables worth �5,000 have been stolen from a quarry in Landkey.
The incident took place at the open part of the Aggregate Industries site between Friday, September 21 and Sunday, September 23.
Those responsible cut into live 415 cables with bolt croppers and stole 150 metres of cabling.
DC Michael Dean, of Barnstaple, said: “To cut into live cabling is obviously extremely foolhardy and could have had disastrous consequences for those involved.
“I would urge anyone with information regarding this theft, or anyone who may have been offered this cabling, to contact the Police.”
Anyone who may have information is asked to contact the Police on 101, quoting reference CB/12/3141.
- 1 Go ahead for 211 homes but Bideford plans fall short on affordable homes
- 2 Remembering much-loved and once-heaving Ilfracombe train station
- 3 Covid outbreaks in Devon’s care homes at highest level since pandemic began
- 4 North Devon holiday home tax dodgers face crackdown
- 5 South Molton's top 10 rating for pannier market
- 6 Stylish Victorian property offers many period features
- 7 Queen's Theatre panto audiences raise £3,200 for local charities
- 8 Help turn tide with Appledore community film
- 9 Rishi's thumbs up to £60m investment and 200 new jobs
- 10 Those energy bills - what has gone wrong?