Listen to residents
- Credit: Getty Images/Hemera
Rosebank Day Centre provides day care for older people and older people who may have physical disabilities and/or dementia and/or complex needs.
It’s a very lively, happy environment for people to come and get support with maintaining independence, to socialise with others, and give family carers a much-needed break from their demanding role.
It also provides a hot meal, personal care and baths, plus help with medication, transport or assistance with family/taxi transport.
Rosebank also provides stimulating activities to create a sense of belonging and well-being. People are offered support, advice and information that can help improve lives.
There is also a hairdresser, chiropodist, and regular entertainers who visit.
You may also want to watch:
I truly feel that Rosebank Day Centre should be kept open – it improves life for so many people in the community and there is nowhere else for its users to go.
The generation of the people who attend Rosebank are those who have lived through many changes that have happened all around them.
- 1 'No Fuel' - Panic buying and fuel shortages hit North Devon
- 2 £34,000 raised for plumber Jed Mason with stage four cancer in less than 48 hours
- 3 One of Bideford's oldest tea rooms sold at auction
- 4 Clubber denies headbutt assault in Barnstaple
- 5 Brunswick Wharf developer given grant money to fix quay wall
- 6 New details on Barnstaple town centre regeneration revealed
- 7 Barnstaple dealer says £3,100 stash in loft was poor quality
- 8 Opening of new nature reserve in Lynton
- 9 Homeless man jailed after attacking Barnstaple soldier in McDonald's
- 10 Celebrations as gate to Pilton's Manning's Pit officially opened
They have fought wars, seen towns and villages grow and had to learn when all around them has become digital and electronic.
They are not a generation of complainers, but this is no excuse for the rest of us walk all over them and take away the things they need.
If you ask the people of Rosebank what they want they will tell you it’s right here at Rosebank; this is exactly what we want.
Please listen to them and keep this vital service open. It’s heartbreaking when everything fom North Devon is being closed and taken away.
From a supporter of older people.
Name and address supplied