Lions laptop helps Barnstaple charity
Barnstaple Lions Club helps Freedom Social Projects with new computer.
BARNSTAPLE Lions has given crucial ‘IT’ support to a well known local charity.
The club has donated �500 to the Freedom Social Project, based at the Freedom Centre in Barnstaple, to enable it to buy a new laptop.
The charity carries out a variety of projects to help people who may be homeless, suffering from addiction or problems.
The computer is a vital tool, enabling staff and clients to use it for a variety of applications from applying for housing or jobs and searching for information to writing letters or creating CVs.
You may also want to watch:
When the Lions visited earlier in the year and asked if the charity needed anything, a laptop was at the head of the list, as the existing model was several years old and simply not up to the job.
Freedom staff Deb Parsons and John Phillipson at the charity said they were grateful to the Lions for their generous donation.
- 1 Small-time drug dealer 'caught red-handed'
- 2 County Council Elections: Candidates for Torridge
- 3 12 countries announced on travel green list from May 17
- 4 County Council Elections: Candidates for North Devon
- 5 Police appeal after Barnstaple brawl
- 6 Dog Restrictions come into force on Westward Ho! Beach
- 7 Bideford paramedic compensated after winning victimisation claim
- 8 Devon County Council Elections: Candidate lists for North Devon and Torridge
- 9 Big opening-day wins for Bideford and Braunton
- 10 North Devon seconds look to bounce back from heavy defeat
“People would fall through the net if we did not have one,” added Deb.