Lions give extra pride to Children’s Hospice
Barnstaple club make picture donation following South West Lions clubs’ fund raising efforts for new Lions Den at Little Harbour.
BARNSTAPLE Lions Club members have donated a little extra “pride” to the new Lion’s Den room at Little Harbour Hospice in Cornwall.
The control room at the newest Children’s Hospice South West facility cost �42,000 to set up, with money raised by Lions Clubs across the region.
“The Den” is a quiet a quiet family area where parents are able to stay at night and talk to members of staff should they wish.
But it is also a control centre from which staff can monitor young hospice patients around the clock to ensure everything is okay.
You may also want to watch:
South West Lions clubs took part in a variety of fund raising activities and their efforts were match-funded by the Lions Clubs International Foundation to give a total of �46,560.88.
The Barnstaple club, while visiting the hospice along with members of Bideford Lions, added their own flourish by presenting a framed photograph of a pride of lions that it is hoped will take “pride of place” in the Den.
- 1 One of Bideford's oldest tea rooms sold at auction
- 2 £34,000 raised for plumber Jed Mason with stage four cancer in less than 48 hours
- 3 New details on Barnstaple town centre regeneration revealed
- 4 Barnstaple dealer says £3,100 stash in loft was poor quality
- 5 Brunswick Wharf developer given grant money to fix quay wall
- 6 Opening of new nature reserve in Lynton
- 7 Clubber denies headbutt assault in Barnstaple
- 8 North Devon's largest private employer needs workers to expand
- 9 Homeless man jailed after attacking Barnstaple soldier in McDonald's
- 10 Celebrations as gate to Pilton's Manning's Pit officially opened