Lions give extra pride to Children’s Hospice
Barnstaple club make picture donation following South West Lions clubs’ fund raising efforts for new Lions Den at Little Harbour.
BARNSTAPLE Lions Club members have donated a little extra “pride” to the new Lion’s Den room at Little Harbour Hospice in Cornwall.
The control room at the newest Children’s Hospice South West facility cost �42,000 to set up, with money raised by Lions Clubs across the region.
“The Den” is a quiet a quiet family area where parents are able to stay at night and talk to members of staff should they wish.
But it is also a control centre from which staff can monitor young hospice patients around the clock to ensure everything is okay.
You may also want to watch:
South West Lions clubs took part in a variety of fund raising activities and their efforts were match-funded by the Lions Clubs International Foundation to give a total of �46,560.88.
The Barnstaple club, while visiting the hospice along with members of Bideford Lions, added their own flourish by presenting a framed photograph of a pride of lions that it is hoped will take “pride of place” in the Den.
- 1 PICTURES: New Bideford book merges old pictures with new
- 2 Man with 'fearsome' ornamental knife arrested in Barnstaple
- 3 Ilfracombe dressage star Caitlin Burgess pursues Olympic dream
- 4 Assault and attempted robbery near Tarka Trail
- 5 Man arrested after 'serious assault' outside Barnstaple nightclub
- 6 North Devon grandad takes on 700 mile cycling challenge
- 7 Drink driver banned after Ilfracombe Lidl crash
- 8 Surf trio take on epic surf paddle challenge in memory of best friends
- 9 Holsworthy conveyancer crowned Young Practitioner of the Year
- 10 HubHop - New shopping app for independent shops in North Devon