Lift off for town’s Seven Summer Saturdays
- Credit: Archant
Weekly programme of free entertainment starts in South Molton on Saturday.
SHOPPERS are being invited to enjoy free entertainment when they visit South Molton on Saturday.
The town’s fifth annual Seven Summer Saturdays programme starts this weekend with live music and dance in the Square from 10am to 2pm.
Every Saturday up to and including August 31, events are being staged to create a pleasant vibe in the town for visitors.
Among the local musicians performing will be Ian Hudson and Jess Vincent.
You may also want to watch:
This year’s programme is being organised by South Molton Business Association (SMBA) with funding from South Molton Town Council and the South Molton Portas Town Team.
John Lawrence, chairman of SMBA said: “We already know that the Seven Summer Saturdays encourage both local people and tourists to visit and enjoy our elegant town.
- 1 A361 Link Road closed after three vehicle crash
- 2 Thieves steal £3,500 of fragrances from Barnstaple department store
- 3 North Devon men to swim the English Channel and back again
- 4 Bideford woman wins £70,000 and turns miles into trees
- 5 Farmer fined for ploughing up protected Iron Age remains
- 6 Tractor guidance systems taken from farm near Bideford
- 7 Rare vehicles from Dave Vanstone Collection go to auction
- 8 Bideford town centre regeneration plan backed by council
- 9 North Devon woman reveals huge collection of HM Queen portraits and memorabilia
- 10 Barnstaple firm develops new anti-Covid alloy to replace stainless steel
“Here people can experience a slower pace of life, and enjoy our many independent shops and the Pannier Market, where everything from furniture, flowers, quality fabrics, fruit and veg, jewellery or delicatessen items can be bought.”