Lift off for town’s Seven Summer Saturdays
- Credit: Archant
Weekly programme of free entertainment starts in South Molton on Saturday.
SHOPPERS are being invited to enjoy free entertainment when they visit South Molton on Saturday.
The town’s fifth annual Seven Summer Saturdays programme starts this weekend with live music and dance in the Square from 10am to 2pm.
Every Saturday up to and including August 31, events are being staged to create a pleasant vibe in the town for visitors.
Among the local musicians performing will be Ian Hudson and Jess Vincent.
You may also want to watch:
This year’s programme is being organised by South Molton Business Association (SMBA) with funding from South Molton Town Council and the South Molton Portas Town Team.
John Lawrence, chairman of SMBA said: “We already know that the Seven Summer Saturdays encourage both local people and tourists to visit and enjoy our elegant town.
- 1 Homeless man jailed after attacking Barnstaple soldier in McDonald's
- 2 North Devon's largest private employer needs workers to expand
- 3 MISSING: Police search for David Kose from Ilfracombe
- 4 Street food traders revealed for South Molton Food and Drink Festival
- 5 North Devon optometrist highlights 'ticking timebomb' vision crisis
- 6 Barnstaple dealer says £3,100 stash in loft was poor quality
- 7 New details on Barnstaple town centre regeneration revealed
- 8 Celebrating 15 years of North Devon charity Families in Grief
- 9 North Devon Emergency Department in top ten for patient experience
- 10 820 homes approved for Landkey despite council concern
“Here people can experience a slower pace of life, and enjoy our many independent shops and the Pannier Market, where everything from furniture, flowers, quality fabrics, fruit and veg, jewellery or delicatessen items can be bought.”