Lift off for Bratton Fleming BMX plan
Council approves village’s new bike track proposal
PLANS for a BMX cycle track in Bratton Fleming have been approved by North Devon Council.
The track, to be built at the village’s Recreation Fields, will feature a straight 60-metre run with double, triple and table-top ramps.
It will be finished with soft limestone dust or dolomite, with a tarmac finish applied to the return curve. Areas around the track will be top soiled and seeded.
Applicant, Bratton Fleming Parish Council, who will also be managing the track, said there were no plans to provide flood lighting.
You may also want to watch:
The council will re-dust and compact the top coating on the track surface every four months or as needed.
In a design and access statement, the council said it hoped the new track would provide a fantastic resource for the community.
- 1 County Council Elections: Candidates for North Devon
- 2 County Council Elections: Candidates for Torridge
- 3 Police appeal after Barnstaple brawl
- 4 12 countries announced on travel green list from May 17
- 5 North Devon seconds look to bounce back from heavy defeat
- 6 Pensioner gets suspended sentence for 'unspeakable abuse images'
- 7 Devon County Council Elections: Candidate lists for North Devon and Torridge
- 8 Shocked Barnstaple burglary victim watched raid on phone
- 9 Big opening-day wins for Bideford and Braunton
- 10 New Barnstaple restaurant offers Fine Dining at Home
“It will assist with enhancing health, reducing crime and increasing the cultural offering of the village,” it said.