Lift off for Bratton Fleming BMX plan
Council approves village’s new bike track proposal
PLANS for a BMX cycle track in Bratton Fleming have been approved by North Devon Council.
The track, to be built at the village’s Recreation Fields, will feature a straight 60-metre run with double, triple and table-top ramps.
It will be finished with soft limestone dust or dolomite, with a tarmac finish applied to the return curve. Areas around the track will be top soiled and seeded.
Applicant, Bratton Fleming Parish Council, who will also be managing the track, said there were no plans to provide flood lighting.
You may also want to watch:
The council will re-dust and compact the top coating on the track surface every four months or as needed.
In a design and access statement, the council said it hoped the new track would provide a fantastic resource for the community.
- 1 Northam man who searched for child pornography sent on treatment course
- 2 Man seriously injured at Appledore Quay - Witness Appeal
- 3 PICTURES: Women 'Walk Taller Than The Trees' at Nightwalk 2021
- 4 PICTURES: Bideford 10k is back for 2021
- 5 Tributes paid to North Devon librarian Ian Tansley
- 6 820 homes approved for Landkey despite council concern
- 7 Torridge launches Waste and Recycling Roadshows
- 8 Dolton remembers resident Rolling Stone Charlie Watts
- 9 Sale of Bideford's Brunswick Wharf completed
- 10 'Monster' jailed after abuse victim tells judge of his torment
“It will assist with enhancing health, reducing crime and increasing the cultural offering of the village,” it said.