Library to close for refurbishment
Book-lovers will have to relocate for a couple of months as a North Devon library gets a make over.
A LIBRARY in North Devon will be undergoing a makeover to create brighter facilities and an improved community space.
Appledore Library will be closed for around 10 weeks from February 2 while work by Friends of Appledore Library and the building’s landlords is carried out.
The work to the Devon County Council library will include a new and improved entrance and lobby area, removal of a wash area from the ground floor and general redecoration.
Councillor Andrew Eastman, Devon County Council local member for Northam, said: “On behalf of all of the friends of Appledore Library we are so pleased that this project is now underway safeguarding the future of the Appledore Library.
You may also want to watch:
“It will be a joyous day of celebrations when the newly refurbished Library is opened, the community of Appledore will be very pleased.”
Library users will be able to make use of the Northam and Bideford library facilities during the closure, as well as accessing the whole library catalogue and reserving books online.
- 1 North Devon's largest private employer needs workers to expand
- 2 'Controversial' plan to close mental health centres in North Devon
- 3 820 homes approved for Landkey despite council concern
- 4 Holidaymaker jailed for attacking partner in Ilfracombe
- 5 New Archdeacon of Barnstaple begins her role at special service in Bideford
- 6 North Devon optometrist highlights 'ticking timebomb' vision crisis
- 7 Man left with 'life changing' injuries after assault in Barnstaple
- 8 Sale of Bideford's Brunswick Wharf completed
- 9 Great Big Green Week backed by North Devon Council
- 10 'Monster' jailed after abuse victim tells judge of his torment
There are also coffee mornings are planned for March 22 and April 12 at St Mary’s Hall from 10.30am until 12.30pm, when books can be returned or borrowed from a small collection.
A mobile library operated by the council also stops in many villages around Appledore. To find your nearest stop visit www.devon.gov.uk/mobiles-northdevon.