Library to close for refurbishment
Book-lovers will have to relocate for a couple of months as a North Devon library gets a make over.
A LIBRARY in North Devon will be undergoing a makeover to create brighter facilities and an improved community space.
Appledore Library will be closed for around 10 weeks from February 2 while work by Friends of Appledore Library and the building’s landlords is carried out.
The work to the Devon County Council library will include a new and improved entrance and lobby area, removal of a wash area from the ground floor and general redecoration.
Councillor Andrew Eastman, Devon County Council local member for Northam, said: “On behalf of all of the friends of Appledore Library we are so pleased that this project is now underway safeguarding the future of the Appledore Library.
“It will be a joyous day of celebrations when the newly refurbished Library is opened, the community of Appledore will be very pleased.”
Library users will be able to make use of the Northam and Bideford library facilities during the closure, as well as accessing the whole library catalogue and reserving books online.
- 1 Two vehicle crash blocks Link Road near Barnstaple
- 2 Devon's special educational needs funding ‘broken’
- 3 7 Ways to work on North Devon's beaches in 2022 - Stephanie Conway
- 4 Remembering much-loved and once-heaving Ilfracombe train station
- 5 Go ahead for 211 homes but Bideford plans fall short on affordable homes
- 6 OPINION: An introduction from Torridge council leader Ken James
- 7 South Molton's top 10 rating for pannier market
- 8 Holiday firm's New Year gift for hospice
- 9 2021 was breakthrough year for Cancer and Wellbeing Fern Centre
- 10 Covid outbreaks in Devon’s care homes at highest level since pandemic began
There are also coffee mornings are planned for March 22 and April 12 at St Mary’s Hall from 10.30am until 12.30pm, when books can be returned or borrowed from a small collection.
A mobile library operated by the council also stops in many villages around Appledore. To find your nearest stop visit www.devon.gov.uk/mobiles-northdevon.