Library to close for refurbishment
Book-lovers will have to relocate for a couple of months as a North Devon library gets a make over.
A LIBRARY in North Devon will be undergoing a makeover to create brighter facilities and an improved community space.
Appledore Library will be closed for around 10 weeks from February 2 while work by Friends of Appledore Library and the building’s landlords is carried out.
The work to the Devon County Council library will include a new and improved entrance and lobby area, removal of a wash area from the ground floor and general redecoration.
Councillor Andrew Eastman, Devon County Council local member for Northam, said: “On behalf of all of the friends of Appledore Library we are so pleased that this project is now underway safeguarding the future of the Appledore Library.
You may also want to watch:
“It will be a joyous day of celebrations when the newly refurbished Library is opened, the community of Appledore will be very pleased.”
Library users will be able to make use of the Northam and Bideford library facilities during the closure, as well as accessing the whole library catalogue and reserving books online.
- 1 Braunton assault leaves teen with 'serious head injuries' - witness appeal
- 2 Scream mask knifeman caused terror at Barnstaple play park
- 3 Contractor appointed to repair Rock Park Bridge
- 4 HubHop - New shopping app for independent shops in North Devon
- 5 Yelland Quay development refused - Campaigners celebrate
- 6 Nightwalk returns for 2021 with brand-new venue
- 7 Rotarians have great time helping Lampard School pupils
- 8 North Devon benefit fiddler must cash in pension to repay the money
- 9 Man, 22, arrested after cyclist dies in Bideford crash
- 10 Plans to demolish and redevelop Barnstaple Civic Centre finally submitted
There are also coffee mornings are planned for March 22 and April 12 at St Mary’s Hall from 10.30am until 12.30pm, when books can be returned or borrowed from a small collection.
A mobile library operated by the council also stops in many villages around Appledore. To find your nearest stop visit www.devon.gov.uk/mobiles-northdevon.