Liberal Democrat 'was scaremongering'
SIR - I was interested to see Cllr Joe Tucker s response to my letter of anger following the LSC decision to cancel funding for the proposed move of North Devon College. I thank Cllr Tucker for acknowledging that I should indeed be taken seriously as the
SIR - I was interested to see Cllr Joe Tucker's response to my letter of anger following the LSC decision to cancel funding for the proposed move of North Devon College.
I thank Cllr Tucker for acknowledging that I should indeed be taken seriously as the next MP for North Devon and assure him that as a truly local candidate and indeed, one who not only attended North Devon College as well as North Devon state schools (as do my four children) but that I shall work extremely hard for my beloved constituency.
Cllr Tucker tries to scaremonger about future Conservative spending on education although he must be reminded that it has been his Liberal Democrat friends at County Hall who have controlled the purse strings for capital spending in Devon over the last 19 years, so why does Chulmleigh still have temporary classrooms and indeed, even now has an allocation for new temporary classrooms rather than a new school for which it has been desperate for too many years?
Indeed, it has even been suggested that the �4,000,000 spent at Ilfracombe will now prove to be a waste of money following the proposed re-build.
You may also want to watch:
The profligate County Council chose to give away the windfall airport sale money instead of using it as a "major investment in our children's future" as he quotes.
As with our College, what positive effects have our Liberal Democrat representatives in Westminster and Exeter achieved for us and indeed for the College in relation to their plans?
- 1 52-year-old man dies in three car crash between Bideford and Torrington
- 2 Coveted Muddy Stiletto award for Bideford's Josie's Interiors
- 3 Police investigate midnight assault on scooter rider in Barnstaple
- 4 North Devon Healthcare Trust department awarded Academic status
- 5 Northam Murder: Grieving family condemn killer's lies and cruelty
- 6 Man dies after crash involving two lorries and a motorbike near Torrington
- 7 Woman reportedly assaulted at Bideford park - Police seek witnesses
- 8 Northam Murder: 'Merciless' carer gets life for killing client who caught him stealing
- 9 MP opens new Northam Burrows Visitor Centre at Westward Ho!
- 10 Man dies after 'single vehicle collision' on the A386
Cllr Tucker is trying to worry us, too, about future capital budgets. It might be the case that he is unaware that the next government will have to be rather more realistic about future spending plans than Liberal Democrat dreams which thankfully we shall never need to suffer but perhaps he would like to suggest where anyone might find the missing �130,000,000 or so for the College because neither he nor our MP have found it whilst they have been the elected representatives.
In closing, I shall look forward very much to speaking up for North Devon and at long last, being an MP in the government of the day to ensure that where we have not had our fair representation in Westminster that in due time this would be able to be changed as part of a progressive and realistic Conservative government.
That said, it is going to be an awful set of books we inherit!
Philip J Milton
Conservative PPC for North Devon