- Credit: Archant
My fiancée and I regularly enjoy the amenity of Instow beach with our dog Boris, a jackapoo.
Instow Parish Council has decided to hold a consultation regarding the maintenance of the beach and its usage as a leisure facility.
For the record, we, as regular users of the beach, pick up litter, glass and other detritus as we go and after our walk spend money in the village.
From June to, say, September, we would have no objection to being restricted to the end beyond Lane End towards the cricket club, where our dog could run free – as long as we could walk on the beach from the Quay to Lane End with our dog on a short lead.
We use the beach come rain or shine and have met and made friends with many of the locals.
You may also want to watch:
Indeed, we completed the consultation document and stated we would be happy to assist on a regular basis with keeping the beach clean and tidy.
After all, the opportunity to enjoy the beach and a splendid little village is free, and we feel this would be a small price to pay for our continued enjoyment.
- 1 PICTURES: New Bideford book merges old pictures with new
- 2 Man with 'fearsome' ornamental knife arrested in Barnstaple
- 3 Ilfracombe dressage star Caitlin Burgess pursues Olympic dream
- 4 Assault and attempted robbery near Tarka Trail
- 5 Man arrested after 'serious assault' outside Barnstaple nightclub
- 6 North Devon grandad takes on 700 mile cycling challenge
- 7 Drink driver banned after Ilfracombe Lidl crash
- 8 Surf trio take on epic surf paddle challenge in memory of best friends
- 9 Holsworthy conveyancer crowned Young Practitioner of the Year
- 10 HubHop - New shopping app for independent shops in North Devon
Unfortunately, one or two spoil the experience for the majority; fortunately these people are few and far between, but acquire disproportionate status whenever change is mooted. Long live mutual consideration, reasoned discussion, and good old British compromise.