Learn how to play opportunity in Barnstaple
FREE training is being organised for people in North Devon who want to get involved with play work and work professionally with children and young people to facilitate play. The two-day introductory level training event is being held on June 14 and 21 at
FREE training is being organised for people in North Devon who want to get involved with play work and work professionally with children and young people to facilitate play.
The two-day introductory level training event is being held on June 14 and 21 at Whiddon Valley Community Centre, starting at 9.30am each day and finishing at 3pm.
The event is part of the play programme at North Devon Council's Museum of Barnstaple and North Devon and is being delivered by PlayWorks.uk.
Councillor Dick Jones, Lead Member for Community and Leisure, said: "If you're interested in play work and want to get some experience, then this is the event for you. Throughout the fun and interactive course, volunteers will have lots of opportunities to create, make and play games, with the support of Playworks staff. And what's more, all resources will be provided, so people just have to bring themselves to get the most out of this training event."
You may also want to watch:
After the course, there will be a chance for volunteers to help out with some of the activities organised at the museum. There are also plans to extend the play programme into Ilfracombe later in the year. More information on this will be given at the training event.
Anyone aged 16 or over who is interested in attending the free course should contact Julian Vayne at the museum on (01271) 347646 or email email@example.com
- 1 Man seriously injured at Appledore Quay - Witness Appeal
- 2 PICTURES: Women 'Walk Taller Than The Trees' at Nightwalk 2021
- 3 PICTURES: Bideford 10k is back for 2021
- 4 Northam man who searched for child pornography sent on treatment course
- 5 Tributes paid to North Devon librarian Ian Tansley
- 6 820 homes approved for Landkey despite council concern
- 7 Torridge launches Waste and Recycling Roadshows
- 8 Sale of Bideford's Brunswick Wharf completed
- 9 Dolton remembers resident Rolling Stone Charlie Watts
- 10 'Monster' jailed after abuse victim tells judge of his torment
Meanwhile, more details about play programme events can be found online at www.devonmuseums.net or by visiting the museum on The Square, Barnstaple.