Lay-by body not suspicious
Police confirm there are no suspicious circumstances surrounding the death of a man whose body was found near Barnstaple yesterday.
THE DEATH of a man whose body was found in woodland near a lay-by yesterday (Thursday) is not being treated as suspicious.
The deceased was discovered by police officers by the Rooks Bridge picnic area off the A39 between Barnstaple and Bideford at around 6.20am
After police spent hours investigating the area, the body was removed and a post mortem carried out at the Royal Devon and Exeter Hospital.
Police are continuing to carry out investigations surrounding the death and a file will be submitted to the coroner.
You may also want to watch:
The man is yet to be formally identified.
- 1 Vandalism at Bideford's Brunswick Wharf development condemned
- 2 Real ice rink coming to Barnstaple Christmas Village
- 3 Cyclist left with ‘serious head injuries’ after incident in Bideford
- 4 North Devon architectural practice appoints new director
- 5 Fangtastic half-term Halloween fun at Yeo Valley Woodland
- 6 Torrington woman rebuilds her life after devastating stroke
- 7 Firework display set to return to Barnstaple Rugby Club for 2021
- 8 Bid for £34 million to improve Devon's bus services submitted
- 9 New app 'Dscvr' promoting North Devon town centres set to launch
- 10 Legg Power in ChemoHero fundraising