Laundry room fire at Northam hotel

THREE fire engines and the aerial platform from Barnstaple rushed to the Riversford Hotel in Northam after a fire broke out in the laundry room at about 1am on Sunday morning. Fire fighters from Appledore and two crews from Bideford were soon able to exti

THREE fire engines and the aerial platform from Barnstaple rushed to the Riversford Hotel in Northam after a fire broke out in the laundry room at about 1am on Sunday morning.Fire fighters from Appledore and two crews from Bideford were soon able to extinguish the small blaze, which was discovered in a gas powered tumble dryer.After two crew members wearing breathing apparatus put out the flames, the property was made safe and ventilated.The cause of the fire is thought to be accidental.


You may also want to watch:


Become a Supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Become a Supporter
Comments powered by Disqus