Late night shopping begins in Barnstaple
Plenty on offer for Christmas shoppers
LATE night Christmas shopping starts in Barnstaple today (Thursday).
Town centre traders in the High Street – as well as Boutport Street, Joy Street, Market Street, Tuly Street, Cross Street, Bear Street, Queen Street, Holland Walk and Gammon Walk – will be opening their doors later.
From 6pm, shoppers will be kept entertained by a live acoustic set in the Pannier Market featuring iFunk Ellie Campbell, Ben Brewer Joe Brewer and Frank Rawle.
Late night shopping continues in Barnstaple very Thursday until December 22.
You may also want to watch:
A host of events has been organised to entertain shoppers throughout the period
Regular visitors will notice some new street characters walking around the town, including the Penguin Family, who will be joined by Stiltskin and the Snow Family.
- 1 Northam Murder: Accused carer told police he 'loved her to bits'
- 2 PICTURES: Prince of Wales and Duchess of Cornwall visit The Burton at Bideford
- 3 Jewellery and cash stolen in Barnstaple burglary
- 4 PICTURES: Duchess of Cornwall visits Little Bridge House in Fremington
- 5 Bideford man dies after Link Road crash near South Molton
- 6 'Spot The Oddity' in Bideford for your chance to win £100
- 7 Plan to replace old North Devon Leisure Centre with housing submitted
- 8 Britain’s most influential artists exhibit at The Burton at Bideford
- 9 Northam Murder: Expert says trail of clues link carer to the scene
- 10 Braunton Caen Rotary welcomes their youngest ever club president
Other highlights will include performances by marching bands, carol singers, school choirs, Barnstaple Concert Band and the Salvation Army Band.
See below for a full timetable of events.
November 24: Late Night Shopping - Stiltskin & Acoustic High Street
Nov 26: North Devon in Photographs- North Devon Museum
Dec 1: Late Night Shopping – Snow Family- High Street
Dec 3: Salvation Army Band & Barnstaple Concert Band
Dec 3: Party in the Pannier with Radio 1’s Aled- ticketed event
Dec 4: South Molton Town Band & Barnstaple Youth Marching Band
Dec 8: Late Night Shopping- Penguin Family & BTC Victorian Fayre & Carol Service
Dec 9: Yeo Valley School Choir
Dec 10: Salvation Army Band & Barnstaple Concert Band
Dec 11: South Molton Town Band & Barnstaple Youth Marching Band
Dec 11: North Devon Hospice Santa Fun Run
Dec 15: Late Night Shopping- Live Christmas Presents & Carol Singing on behalf of Chemotherapy Appeal
Dec 16: Foley & Hepburn
Dec 17: Salvation Army Band
Dec 18: South Molton Town Band & Barnstaple Youth Marching Band
Dec 18: Stiltskin
Dec 22: Late Night Shopping- Funky Santa & Acoustic High Street
Dec 24: Salvation Army Band, South Molton Town Band