Late night fire at Molland pub
Landlord raised the alarm after hearing crackling in pub chimney
FIREFIGHTERS were called to put out a chimney fire at a Molland pub in the early hours of Monday morning.
London Inn landlord Martin Pateman said he alerted the emergency services after hearing crackling in the top of the chimney shortly before 1am.
“It was only a small fire and thankfully didn’t do any major damage,” he said.
“The fire had almost put itself out by the time the fire crew arrived but they were very good and very efficient.”
You may also want to watch:
The crew from South Molton used a thermal imaging camera and chimney gear to ensure the fire was extinguished.
- 1 North Devon sign West Indian pace bowler
- 2 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 3 'ThINK it through before you tattoo' urges council
- 4 Ilfracombe man, 64, must pay compensation for baseball bat attack
- 5 People in North Devon urged to take up the vaccine to help protect others
- 6 5-year-old Emily signs up to Appledore RNLI Mayday Mile Event
- 7 MP nominates North Devon champions for Levelling Up Awards
- 8 Alison Hernandez vows to get tough on crime as she retains PCC role
- 9 Small-time drug dealer 'caught red-handed'
- 10 Police appeal after Barnstaple brawl