Late night fire at Molland pub
Landlord raised the alarm after hearing crackling in pub chimney
FIREFIGHTERS were called to put out a chimney fire at a Molland pub in the early hours of Monday morning.
London Inn landlord Martin Pateman said he alerted the emergency services after hearing crackling in the top of the chimney shortly before 1am.
“It was only a small fire and thankfully didn’t do any major damage,” he said.
“The fire had almost put itself out by the time the fire crew arrived but they were very good and very efficient.”
You may also want to watch:
The crew from South Molton used a thermal imaging camera and chimney gear to ensure the fire was extinguished.
- 1 Aldi plans for three new stores in North Devon
- 2 MISSING: Police search for Peter Hughes from Combe Martin area
- 3 'Kinky Boots' coming to Barnstaple's Queen's Theatre
- 4 North Devon charity organises Routes of Remembrance
- 5 Developer sponsors Shammy FC youth teams
- 6 'Neglected' North Devon taxi firm challenged by councillors
- 7 North Devon Healthcare trust scores high in patient survey
- 8 Firework display set to return to Barnstaple Rugby Club for 2021
- 9 Devon health boss 'concerned' at low Covid booster uptake
- 10 £2.1m upgrade will provide space for 38 new North Devon jobs