Late Christmas present for Northam Lodge
CHRISTMAS may be a distant memory but the Santa Band at St Johns Garden Centre in Barnstaple had one last gift to bestow to a local charity. A total of �2,500 has been presented to Northam Lodge, a charity which provides residential and day care services
CHRISTMAS may be a distant memory but the Santa Band at St Johns Garden Centre in Barnstaple had one last gift to bestow to a local charity.
A total of �2,500 has been presented to Northam Lodge, a charity which provides residential and day care services for people with learning and physical disabilities.
All the money was donated by visitors to the garden centre during the festive period, in appreciation of the imaginative "Polar Express" display created for 2009.
"At Northam Lodge we look after 24 adults with profound learning disabilities aged from 32-82 years old, both men and women," explained charity chairman Tim Malone.
You may also want to watch:
"Three quarters are wheelchair bound and they come from all over the North Devon area. We also offer respite and day care facilities and we have a staff of around 70.
"Of course all this takes money and so we are extremely grateful for the support of St John's and the public who donated so generously."
- 1 Man dies after crash involving two lorries and a motorbike near Torrington
- 2 Northam murder suspect accused of telling a 'litany of lies' about killing
- 3 Evidence of damage found at Iron Age monument near Ilfracombe
- 4 Northam Murder: Judge tells jury to put aside emotion
- 5 South Molton pub attacker must pay compensation after kicking customer in head
- 6 £60,000 street marshal investment to make North Devon safer
- 7 Plan for 173 homes on Torrington Creamery site approved despite no affordable homes
- 8 Six people injured in serious crash on A39 near Barnstaple - Police appeal
- 9 Busy thirteen days for Appledore RNLI
- 10 Woman reportedly assaulted at Bideford park - Police seek witnesses
Find out more about the work of Northam Lodge at www.northamlodge.co.uk.