Late Christmas present for Northam Lodge
CHRISTMAS may be a distant memory but the Santa Band at St Johns Garden Centre in Barnstaple had one last gift to bestow to a local charity. A total of �2,500 has been presented to Northam Lodge, a charity which provides residential and day care services
CHRISTMAS may be a distant memory but the Santa Band at St Johns Garden Centre in Barnstaple had one last gift to bestow to a local charity.
A total of �2,500 has been presented to Northam Lodge, a charity which provides residential and day care services for people with learning and physical disabilities.
All the money was donated by visitors to the garden centre during the festive period, in appreciation of the imaginative "Polar Express" display created for 2009.
"At Northam Lodge we look after 24 adults with profound learning disabilities aged from 32-82 years old, both men and women," explained charity chairman Tim Malone.
You may also want to watch:
"Three quarters are wheelchair bound and they come from all over the North Devon area. We also offer respite and day care facilities and we have a staff of around 70.
"Of course all this takes money and so we are extremely grateful for the support of St John's and the public who donated so generously."
- 1 2021 North Devon Show cancelled
- 2 Man wielding knife arrested in Barnstaple park
- 3 Braunton farmer admits ploughing up 'semi natural' land
- 4 Prince Philip's last North Devon visit remembered
- 5 North Devon high streets get set to welcome residents back
- 6 Flags fly at half mast across North Devon for Prince Philip
- 7 Property of the Week: Ford Rise, Bideford
- 8 Police seek driver after horse riders injured in Westward Ho! incident
- 9 Rapid coronavirus tests now available across Devon
- 10 Four cousins take on Four Church Challenge
Find out more about the work of Northam Lodge at www.northamlodge.co.uk.