Late Christmas present for Northam Lodge
CHRISTMAS may be a distant memory but the Santa Band at St Johns Garden Centre in Barnstaple had one last gift to bestow to a local charity. A total of �2,500 has been presented to Northam Lodge, a charity which provides residential and day care services
CHRISTMAS may be a distant memory but the Santa Band at St Johns Garden Centre in Barnstaple had one last gift to bestow to a local charity.
A total of �2,500 has been presented to Northam Lodge, a charity which provides residential and day care services for people with learning and physical disabilities.
All the money was donated by visitors to the garden centre during the festive period, in appreciation of the imaginative "Polar Express" display created for 2009.
"At Northam Lodge we look after 24 adults with profound learning disabilities aged from 32-82 years old, both men and women," explained charity chairman Tim Malone.
You may also want to watch:
"Three quarters are wheelchair bound and they come from all over the North Devon area. We also offer respite and day care facilities and we have a staff of around 70.
"Of course all this takes money and so we are extremely grateful for the support of St John's and the public who donated so generously."
- 1 Two vehicle crash near South Molton – Link Road blocked
- 2 Aldi plans for three new stores in North Devon
- 3 'Smash and grab' robbery at Ilfracombe jewellers shop
- 4 Swimbridge Christmas Arts and Crafts Fair returns for 2021
- 5 Barnstaple Enterprise Hub 'Node' launches to support local businesses
- 6 Two burglaries in Barnstaple - Police appeal
- 7 MISSING: Police search for Peter Hughes from Combe Martin area
- 8 Developer sponsors Shammy FC youth teams
- 9 Firework display set to return to Barnstaple Rugby Club for 2021
- 10 Cook book to help in Afghanistan produced in South Molton
Find out more about the work of Northam Lodge at www.northamlodge.co.uk.