Late Christmas present for Northam Lodge
CHRISTMAS may be a distant memory but the Santa Band at St Johns Garden Centre in Barnstaple had one last gift to bestow to a local charity. A total of �2,500 has been presented to Northam Lodge, a charity which provides residential and day care services
CHRISTMAS may be a distant memory but the Santa Band at St Johns Garden Centre in Barnstaple had one last gift to bestow to a local charity.
A total of �2,500 has been presented to Northam Lodge, a charity which provides residential and day care services for people with learning and physical disabilities.
All the money was donated by visitors to the garden centre during the festive period, in appreciation of the imaginative "Polar Express" display created for 2009.
"At Northam Lodge we look after 24 adults with profound learning disabilities aged from 32-82 years old, both men and women," explained charity chairman Tim Malone.
You may also want to watch:
"Three quarters are wheelchair bound and they come from all over the North Devon area. We also offer respite and day care facilities and we have a staff of around 70.
"Of course all this takes money and so we are extremely grateful for the support of St John's and the public who donated so generously."
- 1 Devon's Tiki surf brand is up for sale
- 2 Northam murder suspect remanded in custody
- 3 Council and police step up Covid enforcement in North Devon
- 4 Man charged with murder of Northam pensioner
- 5 Three more Covid deaths at North Devon District Hospital but cases are falling
- 6 Times Past: Bodysnatching in the centre of Barnstaple
- 7 Camp out fundraiser Max receives gift from fallen soldier's family
- 8 Developer 'lost for words' as town council rejects £20m Bideford wharf plans
- 9 Sextortion warning for North Devon Facebook users
- 10 Terrified shoppers fled Devon city centre attack
Find out more about the work of Northam Lodge at www.northamlodge.co.uk.