Late Christmas present brings nursery joy
Annual Santa sleigh run delivers belated present to Braunton pre-schoolers.
A BRAUNTON nursery has received a belated Christmas present from Father Christmas.
The Bright Star Nursery School, based at RMB Chivenor, will be able to buy much-needed play equipment following a �500 donation from Braunton Caen Rotary Club’s annual Santa sleigh run.
Last December’s parade, which visited different areas of the village, as well as families living in the married quarters at Chivenor, raised a total of �1,556.06. The money is being split between the British Heart Foundation Head Start scheme and a number of local good causes.
Major Mark Latham said: “It seems appropriate that the children who still remember the visit of Father Christmas will benefit from the generosity of Braunton Caen Rotarians.
You may also want to watch:
“We will be using this donation to provide much needed play equipment for the Nursery School on the base.”
- 1 Northam Murder: 'Merciless' carer gets life for killing client who caught him stealing
- 2 Barnstaple Fair set to return for 2021 - 'May the show go on!'
- 3 Council bids for Levelling Up funding for Ilfracombe
- 4 Man dies after crash involving two lorries and a motorbike near Torrington
- 5 Man dies after 'single vehicle collision' on the A386
- 6 Northam Murder: Carer guilty of brutal murder of frail widow
- 7 MP opens new Northam Burrows Visitor Centre at Westward Ho!
- 8 Woman reportedly assaulted at Bideford park - Police seek witnesses
- 9 Huntsmen fined for digging badger sett near Chulmleigh
- 10 Evidence of damage found at Iron Age monument near Ilfracombe