Late Christmas present brings nursery joy
Annual Santa sleigh run delivers belated present to Braunton pre-schoolers.
A BRAUNTON nursery has received a belated Christmas present from Father Christmas.
The Bright Star Nursery School, based at RMB Chivenor, will be able to buy much-needed play equipment following a �500 donation from Braunton Caen Rotary Club’s annual Santa sleigh run.
Last December’s parade, which visited different areas of the village, as well as families living in the married quarters at Chivenor, raised a total of �1,556.06. The money is being split between the British Heart Foundation Head Start scheme and a number of local good causes.
Major Mark Latham said: “It seems appropriate that the children who still remember the visit of Father Christmas will benefit from the generosity of Braunton Caen Rotarians.
You may also want to watch:
“We will be using this donation to provide much needed play equipment for the Nursery School on the base.”
- 1 Devon health boss 'concerned' at low Covid booster uptake
- 2 £2.1m upgrade will provide space for 38 new North Devon jobs
- 3 'Neglected' North Devon taxi firm challenged by councillors
- 4 Link centre consultation 'absolute nonsense' say campaigners
- 5 Bideford's First Food and Drink Festival coming soon
- 6 Drink spiking crackdown after needle attack - Devon Police
- 7 People and businesses asked to join Barnstaple clean up
- 8 Real ice rink coming to Barnstaple Christmas Village
- 9 Firework display set to return to Barnstaple Rugby Club for 2021
- 10 Good news for Combe Martin’s water quality