Last push for charity fun day in Barnstaple
- Credit: Archant
Spaces are filling up fast for the event in aid of Barnstaple charity Amigos.
A CHARITY ‘It’s a Knockout’ event in Barnstaple is filling up fast with only a few spaces left for businesses to get involved.
The event on Castle Green on June 8 is part of a whole day of fun planned for the town by the charity Amigos, in partnership with Applegate.
Team spaces for the challenge have been going fast, with groups and businesses signing up to don sumo suits, joust inflatable lances and even milk a giant plastic cow.
Saltrock, Catherine Bishop, Holy Trinity Church and Kiddiwinks nursery are among those who have already signed up for the event.
You may also want to watch:
For those not competing, the day promises musical entertainment by local DJ James Chapple, street entertainment, a Buckin’ Bronco and Surf Simulator, a bouncy castle, face painting, stilt walkers and hot snacks provided by Shintori and the Lush Food Company.
“All money raised will go directly to the flagship project of Amigos, Kira Farm Development Centre,” said Amigos director Phil Pugsley.
- 1 North Devon's largest private employer needs workers to expand
- 2 Street food traders revealed for South Molton Food and Drink Festival
- 3 820 homes approved for Landkey despite council concern
- 4 'Controversial' plan to close mental health centres in North Devon
- 5 North Devon optometrist highlights 'ticking timebomb' vision crisis
- 6 New Archdeacon of Barnstaple begins her role at special service in Bideford
- 7 Celebrating 15 years of North Devon charity Families in Grief
- 8 World’s Biggest Macmillan Coffee Morning backed by North Devon MP
- 9 Devon Police commissioner commits to tackling gender violence
- 10 A dose of rugby reality for Barnstaple
“All of the students are desperately needy and come from difficult and painful backgrounds.
“Many have lost parents as a result of HIV/AIDS, rebel conflict or endemic poverty, some of the students have suffered terribly as child soldiers and abductees and some are HIV positive.
“Kira gives them a hope and a future.”
The day will run from 10am until 4pm with free entry for all. Teams of between four and six people can enter the challenge for £25 per person.
To sign up contact the Amigos office on 01271 377664 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.