Last orders for Barnstaple pubs?
Two town centre pubs boarded up this week
TWO Barnstaple town centre pubs have closed their doors this week.
The Inn on the Square and The White Horse, in Boutport Street, have both undergone extensive refurbishments within the last five years but have now been boarded up.
The 18th century Inn on the Square, formerly known as The Golden Lion Tap, was restored in 2006.
The White Horse, formerly Seamus O’Donnells, was given a make-over in 2009, but the business is now being offered to let by owners Enterprise Inns.
You may also want to watch:
Owners of the Inn on the Square could not be contacted.
- 1 £2.1m upgrade will provide space for 38 new North Devon jobs
- 2 Drink spiking crackdown after needle attack - Devon Police
- 3 Bideford's First Food and Drink Festival coming soon
- 4 Real ice rink coming to Barnstaple Christmas Village
- 5 'Neglected' North Devon taxi firm challenged by councillors
- 6 Torrington woman rebuilds her life after devastating stroke
- 7 Appeal goes out to patients as Devon's health service buckle under pressure
- 8 Cyclist left with ‘serious head injuries’ after incident in Bideford
- 9 Vandalism at Bideford's Brunswick Wharf development condemned
- 10 Affinity Devon seeks next Charity of the Year