Last orders for Barnstaple pubs?
Two town centre pubs boarded up this week
TWO Barnstaple town centre pubs have closed their doors this week.
The Inn on the Square and The White Horse, in Boutport Street, have both undergone extensive refurbishments within the last five years but have now been boarded up.
The 18th century Inn on the Square, formerly known as The Golden Lion Tap, was restored in 2006.
The White Horse, formerly Seamus O’Donnells, was given a make-over in 2009, but the business is now being offered to let by owners Enterprise Inns.
You may also want to watch:
Owners of the Inn on the Square could not be contacted.
- 1 Small-time drug dealer 'caught red-handed'
- 2 County Council Elections: Candidates for Torridge
- 3 12 countries announced on travel green list from May 17
- 4 Police appeal after Barnstaple brawl
- 5 County Council Elections: Candidates for North Devon
- 6 Dog Restrictions come into force on Westward Ho! Beach
- 7 Bideford paramedic compensated after winning victimisation claim
- 8 Devon County Council Elections: Candidate lists for North Devon and Torridge
- 9 Big opening-day wins for Bideford and Braunton
- 10 North Devon seconds look to bounce back from heavy defeat