Last chance to take part in Relay for Life
- Credit: Archant
Barnstaple mum who survived breast cancer is urging people to join Cancer Research UK’s Relay for Life this weekend.
A Barnstaple mum who has survived breast cancer is urging people to join Cancer Research UK’s Relay for Life in Barnstaple.
Lisa Wallis, 32, is encouraging friends, families and work colleagues to join together and enter teams for the exciting, overnight event which takes place at Barnstaple Rugby Club on Saturday (August 1).
Lisa said: “I am thrilled to be part of Cancer Research UK’s Relay for Life in Barnstaple and I am looking forward to taking part in the ‘Lap of Honour’ with fellow cancer survivors and celebrating our achievements.
“Cancer affects so many people every year. Relay for Life is a great way to support them and make a stand against the disease by raising money to fund Cancer Research UK’s life-saving research.”
You may also want to watch:
For more information, visit cruk.org/relay or call 0871 641 2602.
- 1 Devon's Tiki surf brand is up for sale
- 2 I'm Still Standing: Ambulance worker's battle against the darkness
- 3 'Bonkers' idea led to the creation of Children's Hospice South West
- 4 Northam murder suspect remanded in custody
- 5 Barnstaple man cleared of drug dealing charges
- 6 Barnstaple's The ilab launches iPad appeal to help lockdown home schoolers
- 7 Tributes to Ilfracombe's 30-year school governor
- 8 Three more Covid deaths at North Devon District Hospital but cases are falling
- 9 Man charged with murder of Northam pensioner
- 10 Council and police step up Covid enforcement in North Devon