Last chance to see wildlife art
THE month-long Drawn from Life wildlife exhibition will soon be drawing to a close at the Burton Art Gallery and Museum in Bideford. This exhibition brings together the work of some of Britain s leading wildlife artists, who have chosen to work directly f
THE month-long Drawn from Life wildlife exhibition will soon be drawing to a close at the Burton Art Gallery and Museum in Bideford.
This exhibition brings together the work of some of Britain's leading wildlife artists, who have chosen to work directly from life in the field.
They have developed methods of drawing and painting rapidly on the spot and concentrate on capturing the life and vitality of their subjects rather than producing detailed portraits. This fresh and honest approach captures the excitement and enjoyment of watching wildlife in the field and records many beautifully observed 'moments in time.'
Warren Collum, Exhibitions and Collections Officer, said: "These artists are at the forefront of their practice and are pushing the boundaries of wildlife art. Living in this unique area, with a UNESCO world heritage site, the biosphere, on our doorstep, this exhibition provides a real insight into wildlife, habitat and the methods of capturing these exceptional experiences."
You may also want to watch:
Drawn From Life continues at The Burton until October 5 and includes work by Denis Clavreul, Dan Powell, John Walters, Kim Atkinson, John Paige, Jennie Hale, Darren Woodhead, R. Talbot Kelly (1896-1971), Eric Ennion (1900-1981), John Busby, David Measures, Robert Greenhalf and James McCallum
- 1 Council and police step up Covid enforcement in North Devon
- 2 Man charged with murder of Northam pensioner
- 3 Three more Covid deaths at North Devon District Hospital but cases are falling
- 4 Ram raid burglar jailed after rampaging crime spree
- 5 Suspect remains in custody as Northam murder enquiry continues
- 6 There's light at the end of the tunnel - but for now embrace lockdown life
- 7 Terrified shoppers fled Devon city centre attack
- 8 Developer 'lost for words' as town council rejects £20m Bideford wharf plans
- 9 New series of Devon and Cornwall focuses on the Ilfracombe coastline
- 10 Murder enquiry launched at Northam after death of elderly woman