Last chance to join Race for Life
Places still available for July 8 cancer charity fun run.
BARNSTAPLE women are being offered the last chance to sign up for this year’s Race for Life.
The annual Cancer Research UK fund-raiser takes place at Seven Brethren Bank on Sunday, July 8 and event organisers say there are still around 400 places up for grabs before the registration deadline on July 5.
Just over 1,300 women have already booked their places for the non-competitive 5km walk, jog or run, which starts and finishes behind the Tarka Tennis Centre at 11am.
Last year, 1,626 women took part in the 10th Barnstaple event, raising �73,557.
Kate Shimmell, event manager, said: “We are absolutely thrilled that so many women have entered but we don’t want anyone to miss out.
“We still have places left for the Barnstaple event so we are reminding women who want to take part at this venue that they must enter as soon as possible, before registration closes.”
- 1 PICTURES: Bideford Christmas lights switched on in style
- 2 Property of the Week: Daddon Close, Bideford
- 3 Litter around North Devon schools and colleges is a 'disgrace'
- 4 North Devon’s Panto sells 10,000 Cinderella tickets
- 5 An exciting new era for marine futures in northern Devon
- 6 Bideford beat top side Truro in challenging conditions
- 7 Unique seaside wedding venue to put £1m into Combe Martin economy
- 8 New Castle Hill Work Hub launched to support businesses in Torrington
- 9 South West businesses fear HMRC clamp down
- 10 Hospices’ Light Up a Life appeal will support families in grief
To enter, visit www.raceforlife.org or telephone 0871 641 1111.