Last chance to join Race for Life
Places still available for July 8 cancer charity fun run.
BARNSTAPLE women are being offered the last chance to sign up for this year’s Race for Life.
The annual Cancer Research UK fund-raiser takes place at Seven Brethren Bank on Sunday, July 8 and event organisers say there are still around 400 places up for grabs before the registration deadline on July 5.
Just over 1,300 women have already booked their places for the non-competitive 5km walk, jog or run, which starts and finishes behind the Tarka Tennis Centre at 11am.
Last year, 1,626 women took part in the 10th Barnstaple event, raising �73,557.
You may also want to watch:
Kate Shimmell, event manager, said: “We are absolutely thrilled that so many women have entered but we don’t want anyone to miss out.
“We still have places left for the Barnstaple event so we are reminding women who want to take part at this venue that they must enter as soon as possible, before registration closes.”
- 1 Family pay tribute to 20-year-old Danny Goodman after tragic collision on A386
- 2 North Devon company fined for pollution that killed more than 9,000 fish
- 3 52-year-old man dies in three car crash between Bideford and Torrington
- 4 Burglar jailed for Westward Ho! raid that left pensioners too frightened to sleep
- 5 Coveted Muddy Stiletto award for Bideford's Josie's Interiors
- 6 Police investigate midnight assault on scooter rider in Barnstaple
- 7 North Devon Healthcare Trust department awarded Academic status
- 8 Barnstaple Fair set to return for 2021 - 'May the show go on!'
- 9 Ilfracombe lifeboat tows stricken yacht to safety
- 10 Man dies after 'single vehicle collision' on the A386
To enter, visit www.raceforlife.org or telephone 0871 641 1111.