Last chance to join Race for Life
Places still available for July 8 cancer charity fun run.
BARNSTAPLE women are being offered the last chance to sign up for this year’s Race for Life.
The annual Cancer Research UK fund-raiser takes place at Seven Brethren Bank on Sunday, July 8 and event organisers say there are still around 400 places up for grabs before the registration deadline on July 5.
Just over 1,300 women have already booked their places for the non-competitive 5km walk, jog or run, which starts and finishes behind the Tarka Tennis Centre at 11am.
Last year, 1,626 women took part in the 10th Barnstaple event, raising �73,557.
You may also want to watch:
Kate Shimmell, event manager, said: “We are absolutely thrilled that so many women have entered but we don’t want anyone to miss out.
“We still have places left for the Barnstaple event so we are reminding women who want to take part at this venue that they must enter as soon as possible, before registration closes.”
- 1 'ThINK it through before you tattoo' urges council
- 2 Small-time drug dealer 'caught red-handed'
- 3 Ilfracombe man, 64, must pay compensation for baseball bat attack
- 4 Prime minister to give green light for May 17 Covid-19 lockdown easing
- 5 Conservatives maintain control of Devon County Council despite losses
- 6 North Devon sign West Indian pace bowler
- 7 County Council Elections: Candidates for Torridge
- 8 Police appeal after Barnstaple brawl
- 9 County Council Elections: Candidates for North Devon
- 10 Ilfracombe Drive-In Cinema returns this May
To enter, visit www.raceforlife.org or telephone 0871 641 1111.