Last chance to enter Race for Life
- Credit: Archant
Registration closes at midnight on Thursday.
WOMEN in Barnstaple have until midnight on Thursday to sign up for this year’s Cancer Research UK Race for Life.
More than 1,200 women have already entered the event, which takes place at Seven Brethren Bank at 11am on Sunday.
Organisers are encouraging mums, daughters, grannies, sisters, friends and workmates who want to take part in the 5k women-only event to register at raceforlife.org or call 0845 600 6050.
Sam Beare, South West Race for Life event manager, said: “We are absolutely thrilled that so many women have entered Race for Life in Barnstaple. But we still have places left so we are urging women to sign up as soon as possible.
You may also want to watch:
“Race for Life is non-competitive so there’s no need to worry about being fit or fast. It doesn’t matter if you walk, jog or even dance your way around the course.
“There are over 200 cancers and we won’t give up until we find cures for them all. It’s fighting talk, and we mean every word we say.”
- 1 Drink spiking crackdown after needle attack - Devon Police
- 2 £2.1m upgrade will provide space for 38 new North Devon jobs
- 3 Bideford's First Food and Drink Festival coming soon
- 4 'Neglected' North Devon taxi firm challenged by councillors
- 5 Real ice rink coming to Barnstaple Christmas Village
- 6 Torrington woman rebuilds her life after devastating stroke
- 7 Appeal goes out to patients as Devon's health service buckle under pressure
- 8 Cyclist left with ‘serious head injuries’ after incident in Bideford
- 9 Affinity Devon seeks next Charity of the Year
- 10 Vandalism at Bideford's Brunswick Wharf development condemned
In 2012, 1,575 women took part in Race for Life in Barnstaple and helped raise £74,000 for Cancer Research UK.