Last chance to enter Race for Life
- Credit: Archant
Registration closes at midnight on Thursday.
WOMEN in Barnstaple have until midnight on Thursday to sign up for this year’s Cancer Research UK Race for Life.
More than 1,200 women have already entered the event, which takes place at Seven Brethren Bank at 11am on Sunday.
Organisers are encouraging mums, daughters, grannies, sisters, friends and workmates who want to take part in the 5k women-only event to register at raceforlife.org or call 0845 600 6050.
Sam Beare, South West Race for Life event manager, said: “We are absolutely thrilled that so many women have entered Race for Life in Barnstaple. But we still have places left so we are urging women to sign up as soon as possible.
You may also want to watch:
“Race for Life is non-competitive so there’s no need to worry about being fit or fast. It doesn’t matter if you walk, jog or even dance your way around the course.
“There are over 200 cancers and we won’t give up until we find cures for them all. It’s fighting talk, and we mean every word we say.”
- 1 North Devon woman reveals huge collection of HM Queen portraits and memorabilia
- 2 Bideford town centre regeneration plan backed by council
- 3 Farmer fined for ploughing up protected Iron Age remains
- 4 Brother told sister 'you're dead' after birthday party bust-up
- 5 Bideford Pannier Market offers traders new deal
- 6 Barnstaple Pannier Market support return of Barnstaple In Bloom
- 7 Rare vehicles from Dave Vanstone Collection go to auction
- 8 Chaos guaranteed at the first Bideford Soapbox Derby
- 9 North Devon builders bums needed for charity calendar
- 10 Torrington gears up for North Devon’s BIGGEST EVER Table Top Sale
In 2012, 1,575 women took part in Race for Life in Barnstaple and helped raise £74,000 for Cancer Research UK.