Last chance to donate Christmas food to Northern Devon Foodbank
- Credit: Archant
Gazette readers have been donating generously to our Give A Gift appeal to deliver festive parcels to families in need across North Devon.
There are just a few days left to donate to our Give A Gift appeal and help families in desperate need this Christmas.
For the fourth year running, the Gazette is asking generous readers to donate items of non-perishable festive foods to the Northern Devon Foodbank.
The treats will be given out to families using the Foodbank over Christmas in emergency three-day food parcels, to add a little Christmas cheer to an otherwise despairing time.
Gazette readers have already been donating dozens of items to the appeal, ranging from chocolates and sweets to mince pies and tinned ham.
You may also want to watch:
Gazette editor Andy Keeble said: “We often forget that Christmas can be such a tough time of year for some families.
“Our foodbanks are such a salvation in times of crisis and any donations – no matter how small – will be hugely appreciated.”
- 1 Devon's Tiki surf brand is up for sale
- 2 Tributes to Ilfracombe's 30-year school governor
- 3 Northam murder suspect remanded in custody
- 4 I'm Still Standing: Ambulance worker's battle against the darkness
- 5 Barnstaple's The ilab launches iPad appeal to help lockdown home schoolers
- 6 Council and police step up Covid enforcement in North Devon
- 7 Roger McGough unveiled as Plough Poetry Prize judge
- 8 Three more Covid deaths at North Devon District Hospital but cases are falling
- 9 Man charged with murder of Northam pensioner
- 10 Murder enquiry launched at Northam after death of elderly woman
Last December Northern Devon Foodbank supplied 685 emergency food parcels, 301 of which went to children.
Duncan Withall, Foodbank trustee at Northern Devon Foodbank said: “We are so fortunate to have the support of the community all year round; in order to provide emergency support when local people need it most, we absolutely rely on the kindness and generosity of the people of Northern Devon.
“Without your support, we simply could not do the work we do. That’s why as we begin the busy month of December, we’re asking for your help to make sure that no family in Northern Devon goes hungry this Christmas.”
Donations can be handed in at Foodbanks in Barnstaple, Bideford, South Molton or Ilfracombe, before Friday, December 16.
You can also bring your goodies into the Gazette offices, Monday-Friday, 9am-5pm - just an item or two can go a long way.
Ideas include mince pies, chocolates, crisps, fruit juices, Christmas crackers or small toys.
Visit northerndevon.foodbank.org.uk to find addresses and opening times for the North Devon Foodbanks.