Last call for Ilfracombe Rescue Day
ORGANISERS are hoping this year s Rescue Day event on Ilfracombe Pier will be the biggest and best yet.The dramatic and popular event, organised by Ilfracombe Round Table and takes place this Wednesday (August 18) and features displays from emergency ser
ORGANISERS are hoping this year's Rescue Day event on Ilfracombe Pier will be the biggest and best yet.
The dramatic and popular event, organised by Ilfracombe Round Table and takes place this Wednesday (August 18) and features displays from emergency services, including the Chivenor 22 Squadron Search and Rescue helicopter, Coastguards and Exmoor Search and Rescue.
"As well as the traditional chip pan fire and static displays, there will also be an exciting cliff and sea rescue, an up-close helicopter demonstration, RNLI jet ski display and a lifeboat capsize," said organiser Dan Isaac.
"The fire, police and ambulance service will join forces at the end of the day to recreate a serious car crash which involves a person being cut out of a crushed vehicle.
You may also want to watch:
"I'd like to publicly thank the emergency services for all their support, especially at a time of severe Government cutbacks. This day is all about them demonstrating what they can do to save lives."
Rescue Day runs from 10am-4pm and tickets are available on the gate. For more information visit www.ilfracomberoundtable.co.uk.
- 1 Chivenor marines among UK troops hit by Norway Covid outbreak
- 2 Busy first day for new Covid-19 vaccination centre at Westward Ho!
- 3 Pictures: North Devon's winter wonderland
- 4 Judge jails 'worst' drink driver he has ever seen
- 5 Work begins on Northam Burrows Visitor Centre refurbishment
- 6 Tributes paid to 'legendary' North Devon vet Brian Crawford
- 7 Covid-19 roundup: Devon cases fall but follow lockdown rules
- 8 Two arrested as teenager fights for life after Ilfracombe stabbing
- 9 Some North Devon GP surgeries to provide Covid vaccine clinics
- 10 Football league teams up with Northern Devon Foodbank