Last call for Ilfracombe Rescue Day
ORGANISERS are hoping this year s Rescue Day event on Ilfracombe Pier will be the biggest and best yet.The dramatic and popular event, organised by Ilfracombe Round Table and takes place this Wednesday (August 18) and features displays from emergency ser
ORGANISERS are hoping this year's Rescue Day event on Ilfracombe Pier will be the biggest and best yet.
The dramatic and popular event, organised by Ilfracombe Round Table and takes place this Wednesday (August 18) and features displays from emergency services, including the Chivenor 22 Squadron Search and Rescue helicopter, Coastguards and Exmoor Search and Rescue.
"As well as the traditional chip pan fire and static displays, there will also be an exciting cliff and sea rescue, an up-close helicopter demonstration, RNLI jet ski display and a lifeboat capsize," said organiser Dan Isaac.
"The fire, police and ambulance service will join forces at the end of the day to recreate a serious car crash which involves a person being cut out of a crushed vehicle.
"I'd like to publicly thank the emergency services for all their support, especially at a time of severe Government cutbacks. This day is all about them demonstrating what they can do to save lives."
Rescue Day runs from 10am-4pm and tickets are available on the gate. For more information visit www.ilfracomberoundtable.co.uk.
- 1 Christmas Drive-In Cinema coming to Barnstaple
- 2 Indecent exposure near Barnstaple park under investigation
- 3 OPINION: Realising the full potential of the Celtic Sea - Selaine Saxby
- 4 Bideford Christmas Light Switch On dates announced
- 5 Hip-hop comes to Torrington Dental Practice
- 6 Hero soldier auctioning medals to provide ‘best opportunities’ for his children
- 7 Bring the children to see Santa at Chivenor Christmas Craft Market
- 8 Get dressed up to Race the Reindeer in Bideford this Christmas
- 9 Property of the Week: Hanson Park - Northam
- 10 OPINION: Myth busting the Green Lanes purchase - David Worden