Last call for Ilfracombe Rescue Day
ORGANISERS are hoping this year s Rescue Day event on Ilfracombe Pier will be the biggest and best yet.The dramatic and popular event, organised by Ilfracombe Round Table and takes place this Wednesday (August 18) and features displays from emergency ser
ORGANISERS are hoping this year's Rescue Day event on Ilfracombe Pier will be the biggest and best yet.
The dramatic and popular event, organised by Ilfracombe Round Table and takes place this Wednesday (August 18) and features displays from emergency services, including the Chivenor 22 Squadron Search and Rescue helicopter, Coastguards and Exmoor Search and Rescue.
"As well as the traditional chip pan fire and static displays, there will also be an exciting cliff and sea rescue, an up-close helicopter demonstration, RNLI jet ski display and a lifeboat capsize," said organiser Dan Isaac.
"The fire, police and ambulance service will join forces at the end of the day to recreate a serious car crash which involves a person being cut out of a crushed vehicle.
You may also want to watch:
"I'd like to publicly thank the emergency services for all their support, especially at a time of severe Government cutbacks. This day is all about them demonstrating what they can do to save lives."
Rescue Day runs from 10am-4pm and tickets are available on the gate. For more information visit www.ilfracomberoundtable.co.uk.
- 1 Man wielding knife arrested in Barnstaple park
- 2 North Devon high streets get set to welcome residents back
- 3 Rapid coronavirus tests now available across Devon
- 4 Date set for reopening of Bideford Pannier Market
- 5 iLab marks 10th birthday with pledge to raise £10,000 for North Devon Hospice
- 6 Braunton farmer admits ploughing up 'semi natural' land
- 7 Mystery over Barnstaple builder's death
- 8 Date set for Barnstaple Pannier Market reopening
- 9 Westward Ho! housing plan for 138 new homes approved
- 10 Prom schoolgirl killed as she crossed road near Trimstone