Last call for Ilfracombe Rescue Day
ORGANISERS are hoping this year s Rescue Day event on Ilfracombe Pier will be the biggest and best yet.The dramatic and popular event, organised by Ilfracombe Round Table and takes place this Wednesday (August 18) and features displays from emergency ser
ORGANISERS are hoping this year's Rescue Day event on Ilfracombe Pier will be the biggest and best yet.
The dramatic and popular event, organised by Ilfracombe Round Table and takes place this Wednesday (August 18) and features displays from emergency services, including the Chivenor 22 Squadron Search and Rescue helicopter, Coastguards and Exmoor Search and Rescue.
"As well as the traditional chip pan fire and static displays, there will also be an exciting cliff and sea rescue, an up-close helicopter demonstration, RNLI jet ski display and a lifeboat capsize," said organiser Dan Isaac.
"The fire, police and ambulance service will join forces at the end of the day to recreate a serious car crash which involves a person being cut out of a crushed vehicle.
You may also want to watch:
"I'd like to publicly thank the emergency services for all their support, especially at a time of severe Government cutbacks. This day is all about them demonstrating what they can do to save lives."
Rescue Day runs from 10am-4pm and tickets are available on the gate. For more information visit www.ilfracomberoundtable.co.uk.
- 1 North Devon Healthcare Trust department awarded Academic status
- 2 Barnstaple Fair set to return for 2021 - 'May the show go on!'
- 3 Northam Murder: 'Merciless' carer gets life for killing client who caught him stealing
- 4 Man dies after crash involving two lorries and a motorbike near Torrington
- 5 Council bids for Levelling Up funding for Ilfracombe
- 6 Man dies after 'single vehicle collision' on the A386
- 7 MP opens new Northam Burrows Visitor Centre at Westward Ho!
- 8 Woman reportedly assaulted at Bideford park - Police seek witnesses
- 9 Northam Murder: Carer guilty of brutal murder of frail widow
- 10 Evidence of damage found at Iron Age monument near Ilfracombe