Labradoodles rescued from Langtree house fire
- Credit: Archant
Two labradoodles were rescued by fire fighters from clouds of thick black smoke after an early evening fire at a house in Langtree.
Fire engines from Torrington, Bideford, Holsworthy and the aerial ladder platform from Exeter were sent to the detached house in Fore Street at around 6.05pm on Thursday, October 24.
They found thick clouds of smoke and eight crew members donned breathing apparatus to tackle a fire found on the ground and first floor of the property.
The two dogs were rescued from inside and a vet was called to attend.
The fire service said the dogs are now safe and well after being given oxygen at the scene.
You may also want to watch:
The fire was put out and the fire crew visited the next morning for a further check.
The downstairs was gutted with '100 per cent' smoke and fire damage, with a further 20 per cent of damage to the upstairs.
- 1 Jealous Barnstaple boyfriend made divorcee get rid of wedding dress
- 2 Holidaycottages.co.uk celebrates launch of new office in Braunton
- 3 North Devon Tesco stores to hold extra summer Food Collection
- 4 North Devon business signs up to 1 billion tree project
- 5 Why it‘s important to shop local in North Devon post-lockdown
- 6 The Plough announces Open-Air Theatre Festival
- 7 Invitations to join this summer’s Devon Climate Assembly sent to households
- 8 Bungling Northam burglar facing jail
- 9 Yelland power station development set for approval despite 700 objections
- 10 Criminal damage at Fremington Football Club - Police appeal
The fire service said the cause of the fire was accidental.