Landslip closes road in Ilfracombe
A fallen tree caused by a landslide has caused a closure on Torrs Park Road.
A road in Ilfracombe is closed after a landslip caused a fallen tree to block the road.
The landslip has caused Torrs Park Road at the Uppers Torrs junction to be closed.
Hugh Griffin, highways control centre manager for Devon County Council said on Twitter at 6.50am this morning: “Torrs Park Road closed in Ilfracombe, large bank collapse with large tree now a danger. A tree surgeon will look at it today @DevonRoads”
Motorists are advised to seek an alternative route.
You may also want to watch:
Got any photos? Send them to firstname.lastname@example.org or tweet us @Northdevon24
- 1 North Devon's largest private employer needs workers to expand
- 2 'Controversial' plan to close mental health centres in North Devon
- 3 820 homes approved for Landkey despite council concern
- 4 Holidaymaker jailed for attacking partner in Ilfracombe
- 5 New Archdeacon of Barnstaple begins her role at special service in Bideford
- 6 North Devon optometrist highlights 'ticking timebomb' vision crisis
- 7 Man left with 'life changing' injuries after assault in Barnstaple
- 8 Sale of Bideford's Brunswick Wharf completed
- 9 Great Big Green Week backed by North Devon Council
- 10 'Monster' jailed after abuse victim tells judge of his torment