Landslip closes road in Ilfracombe
A fallen tree caused by a landslide has caused a closure on Torrs Park Road.
A road in Ilfracombe is closed after a landslip caused a fallen tree to block the road.
The landslip has caused Torrs Park Road at the Uppers Torrs junction to be closed.
Hugh Griffin, highways control centre manager for Devon County Council said on Twitter at 6.50am this morning: “Torrs Park Road closed in Ilfracombe, large bank collapse with large tree now a danger. A tree surgeon will look at it today @DevonRoads”
Motorists are advised to seek an alternative route.
You may also want to watch:
Got any photos? Send them to firstname.lastname@example.org or tweet us @Northdevon24
- 1 Some North Devon GP surgeries to provide Covid vaccine clinics
- 2 Weather warning of snow and ice for Devon this weekend
- 3 Covid vaccine: Roll out continues but is North Devon being left out?
- 4 Exmoor Ramble legacy for legendary fundraiser as he battles terminal cancer
- 5 Farmer gets suspended sentence for tractor crash
- 6 Devon's Tiki surf brand is up for sale
- 7 Tributes to Ilfracombe's 30-year school governor
- 8 Barnstaple man cleared of drug dealing charges
- 9 Plans to merge North Devon and Exeter health trusts move forward
- 10 Northam murder suspect remanded in custody