Missing you: Watch heartfelt video message from Landkey school staff to pupils
- Credit: Archant
Staff at Landkey Community Primary Academy have reached out to their locked down pupils with a heartfelt video message.
They each held up a word to spell out their message about how much they were missing the children and posted it on social media where it received more than 3,000 views in one day.
Headteacher Kate Fairbrother said: “All of us at Landkey Community Primary Academy are really missing the children and wanted to let them know that they are always in our thoughts.
“We have had reports that some children are watching the video over and over and some are pausing on their teacher and teaching assistant.
“Parents have told us they didn’t realise quite how much their children are missing school. It even boosted morale amongst our staff who are not getting to see each other at the moment. This is a unique time for us all and we are glad to have spread a little happiness.”
You may also want to watch:
The school is open for key worker children with staff on a rota to provide care.
- 1 Devon's Tiki surf brand is up for sale
- 2 I'm Still Standing: Ambulance worker's battle against the darkness
- 3 Tributes to Ilfracombe's 30-year school governor
- 4 Barnstaple's The ilab launches iPad appeal to help lockdown home schoolers
- 5 Northam murder suspect remanded in custody
- 6 'Bonkers' idea led to the creation of Children's Hospice South West
- 7 Council and police step up Covid enforcement in North Devon
- 8 Three more Covid deaths at North Devon District Hospital but cases are falling
- 9 Roger McGough unveiled as Plough Poetry Prize judge
- 10 Man charged with murder of Northam pensioner