Landkey School is outstanding!
School celebrates glowing report across the board from Ofsted inspectors
LANDKEY Primary School has been judged as “outstanding” in almost every way across the board by Ofsted inspectors.
The glowing report published on Thursday describes Landkey as “an outstanding school where pupils’ needs are placed at the centre of education.”
Every lesson and every aspect of school life was given a score of 1 – outstanding – by the Ofsted team and the lead inspector told the school that was something she had never seen before.
There was one score of 2 or “good” due to some pupils being on holiday with their families during term time.
You may also want to watch:
The report added: “Pupils are highly articulate, independent and obviously enjoy their learning.
“Inspirational leadership by the headteacher, most ably supported by an energetic, ambitious staff and an outstanding governing body, has driven progress.
- 1 'ThINK it through before you tattoo' urges council
- 2 Ilfracombe man, 64, must pay compensation for baseball bat attack
- 3 Conservatives maintain control of Devon County Council despite losses
- 4 Small-time drug dealer 'caught red-handed'
- 5 North Devon sign West Indian pace bowler
- 6 Prime minister to give green light for May 17 Covid-19 lockdown easing
- 7 County Council Elections: Candidates for Torridge
- 8 Police appeal after Barnstaple brawl
- 9 County Council Elections: Candidates for North Devon
- 10 Yelland power station development set for approval despite 700 objections
“Pupils leave Landkey extremely well prepare for their next steps, confident in their own abilities and with attainment well above average.”
The school’s Headteacher, Kate Fairbrother said: “We are absolutely delighted with the report – it is a testament to our fabulous staff team, governors, children and parents and their endless hard work, commitment and dedication.
“What an achievement to be finally classed as outstanding! Children’s recent attainment putting us in the top three per cent of schools in the country confirms such a result.
“I feel honoured and privileged to lead such an outstanding and inspirational school”.
Chairman of Governors, Neil Hookway added:
“Inspection reports usually have a mixture of good, bad and indifferent in them, even when they judge a school or college as ‘outstanding’ but this one is overwhelmingly positive.
“All 10 lesson observations were outstanding and the lead inspector told me she had never been able to write that in an Ofsted report before.
“Landkey is going from strength to strength and the governing body is proud of Kate and her team.”
The school has some spaces still available for children.