Landkey puts best foot forward for Chemo Appeal
- Credit: Archant
The Landkey Festival and Codden Hill Challenge help raise £1,900 for the appeal.
THE Landkey Festival and gruelling Codden Hill Challenge have raised £1,900 for the Chemotherapy Appeal.
The first ever instalment of the 10 kilometre race saw 64 runners sign up for a tough course that included two ascents of the steep hill.
It was held alongside the Landkey Festival, which included a wide range of activities and a wonderful cake was made for the raffle by Maggs Kenny. The festival raised an additional £600 for Landkey groups.
Ronnie Richmond and Maddie Horton were the winners of the Men’s and ladies races on the day.
You may also want to watch:
“The festival team organised a fantastic event which raised a lot of money to help cancer patients across North Devon and we look forward to working with them again in the future,” said chemotherapy fund raiser Julie Whitton.
“The Chemotherapy Appeal has now raised an amazing £1.692million towards its £2.2million target thanks to the overwhelming support from the people of North Devon.”
- 1 Man arrested after 'serious assault' outside Barnstaple nightclub
- 2 Drink driver banned after Ilfracombe Lidl crash
- 3 Assault and attempted robbery near Tarka Trail
- 4 Braunton assault leaves teen with 'serious head injuries' - witness appeal
- 5 Contractor appointed to repair Rock Park Bridge
- 6 Scream mask knifeman caused terror at Barnstaple play park
- 7 Man, 22, arrested after cyclist dies in Bideford crash
- 8 North Devon benefit fiddler must cash in pension to repay the money
- 9 Plans to demolish and redevelop Barnstaple Civic Centre finally submitted
- 10 Yelland Quay development refused - Campaigners celebrate