Landkey pupils celebrate the ‘magic of maths’
School organises a number of events for World Maths Day.
LANDKEY Primary School pupils have been celebrating Worlds Maths Day with “dressing by numbers”.
The children were excited to find plenty of numbers on some of their own football shirts and t-shirts from various events, but they also used the magic of maths to create their own numbered tops and shorts.
The theme for the day was “maths outside” and all the teachers planned maths activities that could take place in the school grounds.
These ranged from maths trails in the school sensory garden to solving problems involving the perimeter and area of the playground.
You may also want to watch:
People from across the Landkey community were also invited into school for a game of family bingo and a cake sale.
- 1 Farmer fined for ploughing up protected Iron Age remains
- 2 Tractor guidance systems taken from farm near Bideford
- 3 North Devon woman reveals huge collection of HM Queen portraits and memorabilia
- 4 Rare vehicles from Dave Vanstone Collection go to auction
- 5 Bideford town centre regeneration plan backed by council
- 6 South Molton youngsters enjoy Land Rover Premiership Rugby Cup
- 7 Bideford woman wins £70,000 and turns miles into trees
- 8 Brother told sister 'you're dead' after birthday party bust-up
- 9 North Devon men to swim the English Channel and back again
- 10 Thieves steal £3,500 of fragrances from Barnstaple department store