Landkey pupils celebrate the ‘magic of maths’
School organises a number of events for World Maths Day.
LANDKEY Primary School pupils have been celebrating Worlds Maths Day with “dressing by numbers”.
The children were excited to find plenty of numbers on some of their own football shirts and t-shirts from various events, but they also used the magic of maths to create their own numbered tops and shorts.
The theme for the day was “maths outside” and all the teachers planned maths activities that could take place in the school grounds.
These ranged from maths trails in the school sensory garden to solving problems involving the perimeter and area of the playground.
People from across the Landkey community were also invited into school for a game of family bingo and a cake sale.
- 1 Go ahead for 211 homes but Bideford plans fall short on affordable homes
- 2 Remembering much-loved and once-heaving Ilfracombe train station
- 3 Covid outbreaks in Devon’s care homes at highest level since pandemic began
- 4 North Devon holiday home tax dodgers face crackdown
- 5 Stylish Victorian property offers many period features
- 6 Queen's Theatre panto audiences raise £3,200 for local charities
- 7 South Molton's top 10 rating for pannier market
- 8 Help turn tide with Appledore community film
- 9 Rishi's thumbs up to £60m investment and 200 new jobs
- 10 Those energy bills - what has gone wrong?