Three lambs saved from gully
- Credit: Getty Images/iStockphoto
Three lambs were rescued from a mud-filled gully in Barnstaple.
Devon and Somerset Fire and Rescue Service was called to reports of a lamb stuck in a gully on the Tarka Trail yesterday (Friday).
A fire appliance and specialist rescue team from Barnstaple attended at around 3.30pm.
Once the crew arrived, they realised three lambs were stuck.
A spokesman said: “The crews got to work immediately to rescue the lambs with the use of strops and small tools.
You may also want to watch:
The crews successfully rescued all lambs who are now safe.”
- 1 Aldi plans for three new stores in North Devon
- 2 Developer sponsors Shammy FC youth teams
- 3 Barnstaple Enterprise Hub 'Node' launches to support local businesses
- 4 Cook book to help in Afghanistan produced in South Molton
- 5 MISSING: Police search for Peter Hughes from Combe Martin area
- 6 Holsworthy solicitor praised by guide to UK’s top lawyers
- 7 'Kinky Boots' coming to Barnstaple's Queen's Theatre
- 8 Firework display set to return to Barnstaple Rugby Club for 2021
- 9 'Neglected' North Devon taxi firm challenged by councillors
- 10 £2.1m upgrade will provide space for 38 new North Devon jobs