Lack of money?
SIR - I am sorry to say there is no money, folks. No money to fill in the potholes; no money to clear out the dirty stinking drains in Jubilee Square, Mill Street and all around town; no money to cut back the bushes over hanging the pavements, or the road
SIR - I am sorry to say there is no money, folks.
No money to fill in the potholes; no money to clear out the dirty stinking drains in Jubilee Square, Mill Street and all around town; no money to cut back the bushes over hanging the pavements, or the road signs.
But, the cycle race is coming to Bideford and our Bideford Town Council appears to have plenty of money to spend - �10,000.
A long list of VIPs are coming for a booze-up. Perhaps a list of them could be printed.
You may also want to watch:
Already we see the crossing points along the Quay have been ripped out. The bridge won't be finished! Will the speed limit be raised? It's 20mph.
Will those lights on the Quay be taken away? Let's not forget the damage done last time the cycle race came to town.
- 1 Fugitive jailed after car chase between Bideford and Barnstaple
- 2 Hotel restriction in Westward Ho! will not be lifted
- 3 Finance manager jailed for stealing almost £1m from Witheridge company
- 4 Bid to make Ilfracombe pier car park long stay rejected
- 5 Jail for toothache attacker in North Molton
- 6 'Once-in-a-generation' Bideford development given 'full support'
- 7 Man hospitalised after alleyway assault in South Molton
- 8 Police seek driver after horse riders injured in Westward Ho! incident
- 9 Man wielding knife arrested in Barnstaple park
- 10 Braunton farmer admits ploughing up 'semi natural' land
There's no money, folks, but councillors everywhere have �2,000 to spend as they see fit. Their basic allowance is �4,570; the Leader gets �15,996; deputy leader �6,855; cabinet members �4,570. More than OAPs have to live on, or the ow paid.
Recession? There is none for our councillors.