Lack of money?
SIR - I am sorry to say there is no money, folks. No money to fill in the potholes; no money to clear out the dirty stinking drains in Jubilee Square, Mill Street and all around town; no money to cut back the bushes over hanging the pavements, or the road
SIR - I am sorry to say there is no money, folks.
No money to fill in the potholes; no money to clear out the dirty stinking drains in Jubilee Square, Mill Street and all around town; no money to cut back the bushes over hanging the pavements, or the road signs.
But, the cycle race is coming to Bideford and our Bideford Town Council appears to have plenty of money to spend - �10,000.
A long list of VIPs are coming for a booze-up. Perhaps a list of them could be printed.
You may also want to watch:
Already we see the crossing points along the Quay have been ripped out. The bridge won't be finished! Will the speed limit be raised? It's 20mph.
Will those lights on the Quay be taken away? Let's not forget the damage done last time the cycle race came to town.
- 1 Council and police step up Covid enforcement in North Devon
- 2 Man charged with murder of Northam pensioner
- 3 Three more Covid deaths at North Devon District Hospital but cases are falling
- 4 Ram raid burglar jailed after rampaging crime spree
- 5 Suspect remains in custody as Northam murder enquiry continues
- 6 Terrified shoppers fled Devon city centre attack
- 7 There's light at the end of the tunnel - but for now embrace lockdown life
- 8 Developer 'lost for words' as town council rejects £20m Bideford wharf plans
- 9 Covid-19: Follow the spirit of lockdown says police chief
- 10 Murder enquiry launched at Northam after death of elderly woman
There's no money, folks, but councillors everywhere have �2,000 to spend as they see fit. Their basic allowance is �4,570; the Leader gets �15,996; deputy leader �6,855; cabinet members �4,570. More than OAPs have to live on, or the ow paid.
Recession? There is none for our councillors.