Lack of money?
SIR - I am sorry to say there is no money, folks. No money to fill in the potholes; no money to clear out the dirty stinking drains in Jubilee Square, Mill Street and all around town; no money to cut back the bushes over hanging the pavements, or the road
SIR - I am sorry to say there is no money, folks.
No money to fill in the potholes; no money to clear out the dirty stinking drains in Jubilee Square, Mill Street and all around town; no money to cut back the bushes over hanging the pavements, or the road signs.
But, the cycle race is coming to Bideford and our Bideford Town Council appears to have plenty of money to spend - �10,000.
A long list of VIPs are coming for a booze-up. Perhaps a list of them could be printed.
You may also want to watch:
Already we see the crossing points along the Quay have been ripped out. The bridge won't be finished! Will the speed limit be raised? It's 20mph.
Will those lights on the Quay be taken away? Let's not forget the damage done last time the cycle race came to town.
- 1 PICTURES: Prince of Wales and Duchess of Cornwall visit The Burton at Bideford
- 2 Jewellery and cash stolen in Barnstaple burglary
- 3 Northam Murder: Accused carer told police he 'loved her to bits'
- 4 Rosemoor transforms into Wonderland for the summer holidays
- 5 Bideford man dies after Link Road crash near South Molton
- 6 PICTURES: Duchess of Cornwall visits Little Bridge House in Fremington
- 7 Britain’s most influential artists exhibit at The Burton at Bideford
- 8 £100K funding to Torridge towns to support recovery post Covid-19
- 9 Braunton Caen Rotary welcomes their youngest ever club president
- 10 Northam widow was found half under her bed by carer
There's no money, folks, but councillors everywhere have �2,000 to spend as they see fit. Their basic allowance is �4,570; the Leader gets �15,996; deputy leader �6,855; cabinet members �4,570. More than OAPs have to live on, or the ow paid.
Recession? There is none for our councillors.