Lack of money?
SIR - I am sorry to say there is no money, folks. No money to fill in the potholes; no money to clear out the dirty stinking drains in Jubilee Square, Mill Street and all around town; no money to cut back the bushes over hanging the pavements, or the road
SIR - I am sorry to say there is no money, folks.
No money to fill in the potholes; no money to clear out the dirty stinking drains in Jubilee Square, Mill Street and all around town; no money to cut back the bushes over hanging the pavements, or the road signs.
But, the cycle race is coming to Bideford and our Bideford Town Council appears to have plenty of money to spend - �10,000.
A long list of VIPs are coming for a booze-up. Perhaps a list of them could be printed.
You may also want to watch:
Already we see the crossing points along the Quay have been ripped out. The bridge won't be finished! Will the speed limit be raised? It's 20mph.
Will those lights on the Quay be taken away? Let's not forget the damage done last time the cycle race came to town.
- 1 Cyclist left with ‘serious head injuries’ after incident in Bideford
- 2 Vandalism at Bideford's Brunswick Wharf development condemned
- 3 Real ice rink coming to Barnstaple Christmas Village
- 4 North Devon architectural practice appoints new director
- 5 Bid for £34 million to improve Devon's bus services submitted
- 6 New app 'Dscvr' promoting North Devon town centres set to launch
- 7 Firework display set to return to Barnstaple Rugby Club for 2021
- 8 Meet former Children's Laureate Michael Morpurgo in Barnstaple
- 9 Barnstaple Waterstones to host first event since March 2020
- 10 Volunteers come together to spruce up Barnstaple Train Station
There's no money, folks, but councillors everywhere have �2,000 to spend as they see fit. Their basic allowance is �4,570; the Leader gets �15,996; deputy leader �6,855; cabinet members �4,570. More than OAPs have to live on, or the ow paid.
Recession? There is none for our councillors.