Labour's man visits Ilfracombe children's centre
MARK Cann, Labour s Prospective Parliamentary Candidate for North Devon, started his General Election campaign with a visit to Ilfracombe s My Start Children s Centre. Centres like this provide universal services for all families and children under the
MARK Cann, Labour's Prospective Parliamentary Candidate for North Devon, started his General Election campaign with a visit to Ilfracombe's My Start Children's Centre.
Centres like this provide universal services for all families and children under the age of five.
During the visit he signed the Action for Children's pledge which calls for continued "support for children today to make tomorrow better for everyone."
He also met mothers at the Baby Club and heard from the centre manager, Diane Pedley, about the impressive progress made since the centre opened in 2001.
You may also want to watch:
Mr Cann said: "SureStart has made a real difference to children and families in North Devon and Labour will continue to invest in SureStart because the early years of a child's life are so important."
He continued, "Seeing the excellent quality of provision at the Ilfracombe Centre is exactly why we must secure SureStart's future and resist Tory plans to cut this essential service.
- 1 Speeding driver facing jail after 'web of lies'
- 2 Covid-19 roundup: Devon cases fall but follow lockdown rules
- 3 Two charged with attempted murder after Ilfracombe stabbing
- 4 Chivenor marines among UK troops hit by Norway Covid outbreak
- 5 Busy first day for new Covid-19 vaccination centre at Westward Ho!
- 6 Burglars hit Ilfracombe business twice in three days
- 7 Work begins on Northam Burrows Visitor Centre refurbishment
- 8 Judge jails 'worst' drink driver he has ever seen
- 9 Pictures: North Devon's winter wonderland
- 10 Tributes paid to 'legendary' North Devon vet Brian Crawford