Labour's man visits Ilfracombe children's centre
MARK Cann, Labour s Prospective Parliamentary Candidate for North Devon, started his General Election campaign with a visit to Ilfracombe s My Start Children s Centre. Centres like this provide universal services for all families and children under the
MARK Cann, Labour's Prospective Parliamentary Candidate for North Devon, started his General Election campaign with a visit to Ilfracombe's My Start Children's Centre.
Centres like this provide universal services for all families and children under the age of five.
During the visit he signed the Action for Children's pledge which calls for continued "support for children today to make tomorrow better for everyone."
He also met mothers at the Baby Club and heard from the centre manager, Diane Pedley, about the impressive progress made since the centre opened in 2001.
You may also want to watch:
Mr Cann said: "SureStart has made a real difference to children and families in North Devon and Labour will continue to invest in SureStart because the early years of a child's life are so important."
He continued, "Seeing the excellent quality of provision at the Ilfracombe Centre is exactly why we must secure SureStart's future and resist Tory plans to cut this essential service.
- 1 Northam Murder: Carer guilty of brutal murder of frail widow
- 2 Northam Murder: 'Merciless' carer gets life for killing client who caught him stealing
- 3 Barnstaple Fair set to return for 2021 - 'May the show go on!'
- 4 Man dies after 'single vehicle collision' on the A386
- 5 Man dies after crash involving two lorries and a motorbike near Torrington
- 6 Woman reportedly assaulted at Bideford park - Police seek witnesses
- 7 Evidence of damage found at Iron Age monument near Ilfracombe
- 8 Appledore RNLI's Matt Rowe passes out as lifeboat mechanic
- 9 Six people injured in serious crash on A39 near Barnstaple - Police appeal
- 10 Plan for 173 homes on Torrington Creamery site approved despite no affordable homes