Labour's man visits Ilfracombe children's centre
MARK Cann, Labour s Prospective Parliamentary Candidate for North Devon, started his General Election campaign with a visit to Ilfracombe s My Start Children s Centre. Centres like this provide universal services for all families and children under the
MARK Cann, Labour's Prospective Parliamentary Candidate for North Devon, started his General Election campaign with a visit to Ilfracombe's My Start Children's Centre.
Centres like this provide universal services for all families and children under the age of five.
During the visit he signed the Action for Children's pledge which calls for continued "support for children today to make tomorrow better for everyone."
He also met mothers at the Baby Club and heard from the centre manager, Diane Pedley, about the impressive progress made since the centre opened in 2001.
You may also want to watch:
Mr Cann said: "SureStart has made a real difference to children and families in North Devon and Labour will continue to invest in SureStart because the early years of a child's life are so important."
He continued, "Seeing the excellent quality of provision at the Ilfracombe Centre is exactly why we must secure SureStart's future and resist Tory plans to cut this essential service.
- 1 Police seek driver after horse riders injured in Westward Ho! incident
- 2 2021 North Devon Show cancelled
- 3 Man wielding knife arrested in Barnstaple park
- 4 Property of the Week: Ford Rise, Bideford
- 5 High Streets reopen across Torridge
- 6 New Pebbleridge Kitchen arrives on Northam Burrows
- 7 Four cousins take on Four Church Challenge
- 8 Barnstaple flood prevention scheme at least two years away
- 9 iLab marks 10th birthday with pledge to raise £10,000 for North Devon Hospice
- 10 North Devon fossil hunter's collection goes to auction