Labour's man visits Ilfracombe children's centre
MARK Cann, Labour s Prospective Parliamentary Candidate for North Devon, started his General Election campaign with a visit to Ilfracombe s My Start Children s Centre. Centres like this provide universal services for all families and children under the
MARK Cann, Labour's Prospective Parliamentary Candidate for North Devon, started his General Election campaign with a visit to Ilfracombe's My Start Children's Centre.
Centres like this provide universal services for all families and children under the age of five.
During the visit he signed the Action for Children's pledge which calls for continued "support for children today to make tomorrow better for everyone."
He also met mothers at the Baby Club and heard from the centre manager, Diane Pedley, about the impressive progress made since the centre opened in 2001.
You may also want to watch:
Mr Cann said: "SureStart has made a real difference to children and families in North Devon and Labour will continue to invest in SureStart because the early years of a child's life are so important."
He continued, "Seeing the excellent quality of provision at the Ilfracombe Centre is exactly why we must secure SureStart's future and resist Tory plans to cut this essential service.
- 1 Devon health boss 'concerned' at low Covid booster uptake
- 2 Link centre consultation 'absolute nonsense' say campaigners
- 3 £2.1m upgrade will provide space for 38 new North Devon jobs
- 4 People and businesses asked to join Barnstaple clean up
- 5 'Neglected' North Devon taxi firm challenged by councillors
- 6 Real ice rink coming to Barnstaple Christmas Village
- 7 Drink spiking crackdown after needle attack - Devon Police
- 8 Appeal goes out to patients as Devon's health service buckle under pressure
- 9 Bideford's First Food and Drink Festival coming soon
- 10 Good news for Combe Martin’s water quality