Knight runners take a tilt at London Marathon
KNIGHT in shining armour Hamish Cameron completed the Bideford Half Marathon on Sunday as a dress rehearsal for a four-brother assault on the London Marathon. Hamish, 34, will be running the London event with twin Dougal who lives in Norfolk and older bro
KNIGHT in shining armour Hamish Cameron completed the Bideford Half Marathon on Sunday as a dress rehearsal for a four-brother assault on the London Marathon.
Hamish, 34, will be running the London event with twin Dougal who lives in Norfolk and older brothers Angus, 37, from London and Duncan, 39, from Somerset - all in full plastic armour!
They will be doing so to raise money for the British Heart Foundation in memory of their late father Alistair, who suffered from chronic heart disease and died in 2004.
"I ran the Bideford event in a Mark 1 version of our armour while elder brother Duncan ran at Bath in a Mark 2 version," said Hamish. "We needed to find out where it rubs or whether there were any other problems before doing the London event in a full armour version. We decided to run a marathon together in 2004, but this is first time we have been able to get together. Duncan and Angus have run a marathon before, but I have not done a full marathon and Dougal has done no serious running."
You may also want to watch:
See more on www.knightrunners.org
- 1 2021 North Devon Show cancelled
- 2 Man wielding knife arrested in Barnstaple park
- 3 Police seek driver after horse riders injured in Westward Ho! incident
- 4 Prince Philip's last North Devon visit remembered
- 5 High Streets reopen across Torridge
- 6 Four cousins take on Four Church Challenge
- 7 Braunton farmer admits ploughing up 'semi natural' land
- 8 North Devon high streets get set to welcome residents back
- 9 Property of the Week: Ford Rise, Bideford
- 10 iLab marks 10th birthday with pledge to raise £10,000 for North Devon Hospice