Knight runners take a tilt at London Marathon
KNIGHT in shining armour Hamish Cameron completed the Bideford Half Marathon on Sunday as a dress rehearsal for a four-brother assault on the London Marathon. Hamish, 34, will be running the London event with twin Dougal who lives in Norfolk and older bro
KNIGHT in shining armour Hamish Cameron completed the Bideford Half Marathon on Sunday as a dress rehearsal for a four-brother assault on the London Marathon.
Hamish, 34, will be running the London event with twin Dougal who lives in Norfolk and older brothers Angus, 37, from London and Duncan, 39, from Somerset - all in full plastic armour!
They will be doing so to raise money for the British Heart Foundation in memory of their late father Alistair, who suffered from chronic heart disease and died in 2004.
"I ran the Bideford event in a Mark 1 version of our armour while elder brother Duncan ran at Bath in a Mark 2 version," said Hamish. "We needed to find out where it rubs or whether there were any other problems before doing the London event in a full armour version. We decided to run a marathon together in 2004, but this is first time we have been able to get together. Duncan and Angus have run a marathon before, but I have not done a full marathon and Dougal has done no serious running."
You may also want to watch:
See more on www.knightrunners.org
- 1 52-year-old man dies in three car crash between Bideford and Torrington
- 2 Coveted Muddy Stiletto award for Bideford's Josie's Interiors
- 3 Police investigate midnight assault on scooter rider in Barnstaple
- 4 North Devon Healthcare Trust department awarded Academic status
- 5 Northam Murder: Grieving family condemn killer's lies and cruelty
- 6 Man dies after crash involving two lorries and a motorbike near Torrington
- 7 Woman reportedly assaulted at Bideford park - Police seek witnesses
- 8 Northam Murder: 'Merciless' carer gets life for killing client who caught him stealing
- 9 Man dies after 'single vehicle collision' on the A386
- 10 MP opens new Northam Burrows Visitor Centre at Westward Ho!