Knight runners take a tilt at London Marathon
KNIGHT in shining armour Hamish Cameron completed the Bideford Half Marathon on Sunday as a dress rehearsal for a four-brother assault on the London Marathon. Hamish, 34, will be running the London event with twin Dougal who lives in Norfolk and older bro
KNIGHT in shining armour Hamish Cameron completed the Bideford Half Marathon on Sunday as a dress rehearsal for a four-brother assault on the London Marathon.
Hamish, 34, will be running the London event with twin Dougal who lives in Norfolk and older brothers Angus, 37, from London and Duncan, 39, from Somerset - all in full plastic armour!
They will be doing so to raise money for the British Heart Foundation in memory of their late father Alistair, who suffered from chronic heart disease and died in 2004.
"I ran the Bideford event in a Mark 1 version of our armour while elder brother Duncan ran at Bath in a Mark 2 version," said Hamish. "We needed to find out where it rubs or whether there were any other problems before doing the London event in a full armour version. We decided to run a marathon together in 2004, but this is first time we have been able to get together. Duncan and Angus have run a marathon before, but I have not done a full marathon and Dougal has done no serious running."
See more on www.knightrunners.org
- 1 Christmas Drive-In Cinema coming to Barnstaple
- 2 Indecent exposure near Barnstaple park under investigation
- 3 OPINION: Realising the full potential of the Celtic Sea - Selaine Saxby
- 4 Bideford Christmas Light Switch On dates announced
- 5 Hip-hop comes to Torrington Dental Practice
- 6 Hero soldier auctioning medals to provide ‘best opportunities’ for his children
- 7 Bring the children to see Santa at Chivenor Christmas Craft Market
- 8 Get dressed up to Race the Reindeer in Bideford this Christmas
- 9 Property of the Week: Hanson Park - Northam
- 10 OPINION: Myth busting the Green Lanes purchase - David Worden