Kitchen fire in Pyworthy property

Three fire engines were scrambled to the small fire near Holsworthy last night.

A GRILL pan which caught alight saw three fire engines scrambled to a house in Pyworthy last night (Monday).

Crews from Holsworthy, Hatherleigh and Bude were called to the scene on Derriton Road just before 9pm.

On arrival they found the small fire in the ground floor kitchen to be out.

Crews inspected the property to ensure it was safe, and said the cause of the fire was believed to be accidental.


You may also want to watch:


Become a Supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Become a Supporter
Comments powered by Disqus