Kitchen fire in Ilfracombe cottage
Fire crews discovered the blaze in the first floor kitchen of a cottage.
TWO fire engines were scrambled in the early hours yesterday (Sun) to reports of a fire in a cottage.
The crews from Ilfracombe discovered a fire in a first floor kitchen of the house in West Hagginton, Ilfracombe, at 1.37am.
Fire fighters battled the blaze wearing breathing apparatus and using a hose reel jet.
Crews confirmed 10 per cent of the kitchen was damaged by the fire, and the remainder of the first floor was damaged by smoke.
You may also want to watch:
A positive pressure ventilation fan was also used to vent the smoke from the property.
- 1 County Council Elections: Candidates for Torridge
- 2 Small-time drug dealer 'caught red-handed'
- 3 County Council Elections: Candidates for North Devon
- 4 12 countries announced on travel green list from May 17
- 5 Police appeal after Barnstaple brawl
- 6 Dog Restrictions come into force on Westward Ho! Beach
- 7 North Devon seconds look to bounce back from heavy defeat
- 8 Bideford paramedic compensated after winning victimisation claim
- 9 Shocked Barnstaple burglary victim watched raid on phone
- 10 Pensioner gets suspended sentence for 'unspeakable abuse images'