Kitchen fire in Ilfracombe cottage
Fire crews discovered the blaze in the first floor kitchen of a cottage.
TWO fire engines were scrambled in the early hours yesterday (Sun) to reports of a fire in a cottage.
The crews from Ilfracombe discovered a fire in a first floor kitchen of the house in West Hagginton, Ilfracombe, at 1.37am.
Fire fighters battled the blaze wearing breathing apparatus and using a hose reel jet.
Crews confirmed 10 per cent of the kitchen was damaged by the fire, and the remainder of the first floor was damaged by smoke.
You may also want to watch:
A positive pressure ventilation fan was also used to vent the smoke from the property.
- 1 'Neglected' North Devon taxi firm challenged by councillors
- 2 Drink spiking crackdown after needle attack - Devon Police
- 3 Real ice rink coming to Barnstaple Christmas Village
- 4 £2.1m upgrade will provide space for 38 new North Devon jobs
- 5 Bideford's First Food and Drink Festival coming soon
- 6 People and businesses asked to join Barnstaple clean up
- 7 Devon health boss 'concerned' at low Covid booster uptake
- 8 Torrington woman rebuilds her life after devastating stroke
- 9 Good news for Combe Martin’s water quality
- 10 Cyclist left with ‘serious head injuries’ after incident in Bideford