Kitchen damaged after dishwasher fire in Chulmleigh
- Credit: Archant
Fire crews had to don breathing apparatus to combat the fire involving a dishwasher.
A FIRE involving a dishwasher has partially destroyed the kitchen of a house in Chulmleigh this afternoon (Mon).
Three fire engines from Chulmleigh, Witheridge and South Molton were called to the scene at The Chimes in Cricket Close at around 1.50pm.
On arrival, crews found the building heavily smoke logged and a dishwasher well alight.
Fire fighters used breathing apparatus and a hose reel jet to extinguish the fire.
You may also want to watch:
Approximately 10 per cent of the kitchen was destroyed by the fire and a further 40 per cent damaged by smoke.
- 1 Cyclist left with ‘serious head injuries’ after incident in Bideford
- 2 Volunteers come together to spruce up Barnstaple Train Station
- 3 New home grown manager for South Molton Swimming Pool
- 4 New council led leisure company Active Torridge appoints director
- 5 Murder investigation launched in Bideford after woman found dead
- 6 Appeal launched to raise £100,000 for new play equipment in Bideford
- 7 Homeless man jailed after attacking Barnstaple soldier in McDonald's
- 8 7 top tips to help you find the perfect wedding venue
- 9 Equestrian star celebrates with sporting royalty
- 10 North Devon's Amy Riley takes her motorsports dream to next level