Kingsley School to take on musical challenge for DEBRA
- Credit: Archant
Pupils aim to raise £5,000 for charity by producing five-track music CD
A group of eight business trainers and coaches will be setting pupils at Kingsley School an unusual challenge as part of a huge fund raising challenge to support the charity DEBRA.
They will be at the Bideford school on Tuesday to work towards the goal set for them by Musikscool – to write, rehearse, perform an record an original five-track music CD in a single day.
The pupils will design the packaging and prepare a marketing plan for raising at least £5,000 during the day from download sales on iTunes and sponsorship of the CD.
The Kingsley pupils will also make a film of the event and try to generate maximum publicity. Friends and families are invited to watch the live performance of the five new tracks at 5.15pm, where the video will be shown and feedback will be offered.
You may also want to watch:
DEBRA is the only national charity that supports individuals and families affected by Epidermolysis Bullosa (EB) – a rare genetic skin blistering condition.
Ruth McBain, Regional Fundraising Manager for DEBRA, is getting involved on the day and is delighted with the outcome.
- 1 Northam Murder: Carer guilty of brutal murder of frail widow
- 2 Woman reportedly assaulted at Bideford park - Police seek witnesses
- 3 Man dies after 'single vehicle collision' on the A386
- 4 Man dies after crash involving two lorries and a motorbike near Torrington
- 5 Northam Murder: Judge tells jury to put aside emotion
- 6 Evidence of damage found at Iron Age monument near Ilfracombe
- 7 £60,000 street marshal investment to make North Devon safer
- 8 Northam murder suspect accused of telling a 'litany of lies' about killing
- 9 South Molton pub attacker must pay compensation after kicking customer in head
- 10 Lockdown breaker caught dealing cannabis in Barnstaple
“It’s great to see young people motivated through the creation of music and managing to raise so much to help people living with EB,” she said. “We are looking forward to working with the team and all coming together at Kingsley School.”
Simon Robilliard, Director of Music at Kingsley School, is very excited by the challenge.
“The whole school is delighted to be involved in Musikscool, it’s quite a challenge! We all can’t wait to hear the finished product.
“If the £5,000 target is achieved, it will make a huge difference for DEBRA, allowing them to carry out further research and to offer much needed support to those living with EB and their carers.”
To sponsor the team during the day, visit their just giving page: http://www.justgiving.com/Simon-Robilliard1. You can also keep up to date throughout on Twitter and Facebook.