Kick the smoking habit at South Molton health food store
Special event being held to coincide with National No Smoking Day
SMOKERS in South Molton are being offered help to kick the habit at an event being held to coincide with National No Smoking Day today (Wednesday).
Local therapist Jacqui Footman will be at Griffin’s Yard whole food store in North Road from 10am until 5pm, to give shoppers a free opportunity to try out a technique to reduce cigarette cravings.
Visitors will be invited to join a 10-minute Emotional Freedom Technique demonstration, a self-help technique that uses gentle tapping with the fingertips to apply pressure to particular points on the body.
“Smokers generally expect to fail when they set out to quit but when they use EFT, most experience an instant reduction in their cigarette craving,” said Jacqui.
“Their level of hope increases as their cravings decrease; if they persistently use EFT to address the emotional component of their addiction, they are likely to have a high success rate.”
- 1 Popular character Joan dies at 92
- 2 Rishi's thumbs up to £60m investment and 200 new jobs
- 3 Tennis ace Eric follows in Max's fund-raising footsteps
- 4 Urgent appeal goes out to help keep teenagers off the streets
- 5 Why Lorna gave up working from an office to build a business around passion for surfing
- 6 These companies are out to tempt you before you're out of nappies
- 7 North Devon holiday home tax dodgers face crackdown
- 8 Exercise the 'chuckle muscle' with comedian Jason Manford
- 9 Young Jack strides out again for charity
- 10 Chance at last to sing along with the Winkleigh Singers