Kick the smoking habit at South Molton health food store
Special event being held to coincide with National No Smoking Day
SMOKERS in South Molton are being offered help to kick the habit at an event being held to coincide with National No Smoking Day today (Wednesday).
Local therapist Jacqui Footman will be at Griffin’s Yard whole food store in North Road from 10am until 5pm, to give shoppers a free opportunity to try out a technique to reduce cigarette cravings.
Visitors will be invited to join a 10-minute Emotional Freedom Technique demonstration, a self-help technique that uses gentle tapping with the fingertips to apply pressure to particular points on the body.
“Smokers generally expect to fail when they set out to quit but when they use EFT, most experience an instant reduction in their cigarette craving,” said Jacqui.
You may also want to watch:
“Their level of hope increases as their cravings decrease; if they persistently use EFT to address the emotional component of their addiction, they are likely to have a high success rate.”
- 1 Bungling Northam burglar facing jail
- 2 North Devon sign West Indian pace bowler
- 3 MP nominates North Devon champions for Levelling Up Awards
- 4 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 5 'ThINK it through before you tattoo' urges council
- 6 5-year-old Emily signs up to Appledore RNLI Mayday Mile Event
- 7 Ilfracombe man, 64, must pay compensation for baseball bat attack
- 8 People in North Devon urged to take up the vaccine to help protect others
- 9 Conservatives maintain control of Devon County Council despite losses
- 10 Police appeal after Barnstaple brawl