Kick the smoking habit at South Molton health food store
Special event being held to coincide with National No Smoking Day
SMOKERS in South Molton are being offered help to kick the habit at an event being held to coincide with National No Smoking Day today (Wednesday).
Local therapist Jacqui Footman will be at Griffin’s Yard whole food store in North Road from 10am until 5pm, to give shoppers a free opportunity to try out a technique to reduce cigarette cravings.
Visitors will be invited to join a 10-minute Emotional Freedom Technique demonstration, a self-help technique that uses gentle tapping with the fingertips to apply pressure to particular points on the body.
“Smokers generally expect to fail when they set out to quit but when they use EFT, most experience an instant reduction in their cigarette craving,” said Jacqui.
You may also want to watch:
“Their level of hope increases as their cravings decrease; if they persistently use EFT to address the emotional component of their addiction, they are likely to have a high success rate.”
- 1 Man dies after crash involving two lorries and a motorbike near Torrington
- 2 Northam murder suspect accused of telling a 'litany of lies' about killing
- 3 South Molton pub attacker must pay compensation after kicking customer in head
- 4 Evidence of damage found at Iron Age monument near Ilfracombe
- 5 £60,000 street marshal investment to make North Devon safer
- 6 Plan for 173 homes on Torrington Creamery site approved despite no affordable homes
- 7 Crash and assault in Ilfracombe - Police appeal
- 8 Six people injured in serious crash on A39 near Barnstaple - Police appeal
- 9 Busy thirteen days for Appledore RNLI
- 10 Changes to reporting planning breaches in North Devon