Kenwith Castle care home ‘Wears it Pink’ for Breast Cancer Now
- Credit: Care South
Staff at Care South’s Kenwith Castle care home, near Bideford have been busy donning their best pink outfits to raise funds for Breast Cancer Now.
The charity carries out lifesaving research and helps make life-changing care happen for those suffering with breast cancer.
Every October, people all over the world show their support for those affected by breast cancer by taking part in Breast Cancer Now’s ‘Wear it Pink’ day.
The staff at Kenwith Castle were all very keen to get involved this year to raise as much money as possible for the charity.
The staff donated funds to proudly wear their pink tops, feather boas, tutus and wigs for the day, with the care home raising a fantastic total of £180.00.
Activities Organiser at Kenwith Castle, Sue Revell, commented: “We had a wonderful time wearing our best pink outfits and it was fantastic to see everyone showing their support.
“We decided to make a day of it at the care home, to spread as much awareness as possible, and had a delicious pink themed afternoon tea which went down a treat.
- 1 North Devon’s Christmas Farmers Markets back at The Big Sheep for 2021
- 2 160 traders at this year's Christmas Market in Braunton
- 3 Christmas Drive-In Cinema coming to Barnstaple
- 4 Here's what we know so far about the new Covid variant
- 5 North Devon Rugby Ramble returns for 2022
- 6 Children's Hospice South West opens new shop in Barnstaple
- 7 Bideford Christmas Light Switch On dates announced
- 8 Sons remember Exmoor legend at Light Up a Life
- 9 Indecent exposure near Barnstaple park under investigation
- 10 Council to ask government to lower uniform costs for 'people struggling financially'
“We also hosted a raffle which included a grand prize of £23.50 and was won by a resident called Tom.”
Care South is the leading provider of high quality residential and Care at Home services across the South of England. It is a registered charity (not-for-profit organisation) with roots based in the local community.
Care South offers a full range of care services for people of all ages: from young people who need some temporary help with everyday life, to older people looking for a new home with full-time care.